Best way to move .product-meta above the fold

Currently, .product-meta is displayed at the bottom of the page content. I'm refering to the part that displays the price and the "add to cart" button. These are extremely important page elements as a call-to-action, but MP, by default, displays it below the content. So, when the user starts adding product description and photos that very important page element gets moved farther and farther down the page.

I've got a client's site that I'm moving it up to display at the top of the page via CSS, but is this the best way? On a multisite, I don't want to go through and start editing dozens of themes (either template files or CSS) - is there a better way to force it to display above the content?

This is something I do think should be in the core. As I mentioned, in a commerce site, it is the single most important element on a product page, but having it after the content at the bottom, doesn't position it properly for best use.

If needed, I'll provide links to illustrate products that really suffer because of this.

• aecnu

Greetings Saunt Valerian,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin in which I totally understand your reasoning and agree with price placement.

It appears you are referring to the price and shopping cart button placement on the single product page rather then the Front page in which product meta does not apparently display just title, image, and price.

I've got a client's site that I'm moving it up to display at the top of the page via CSS, but is this the best way?

If using the child theme uploaded separately in the themes folder modifying the css in the _inc/css/ folder it is a good way since it will not be overwritten with the next theme update.

On a multisite, I don't want to go through and start editing dozens of themes (either template files or CSS) - is there a better way to force it to display above the content?

This I do not know so I'll see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give us some advice on what they may think would be the best way and possibly make it a feature request to have a button or something to display this above or below the main content.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.