Best way to reinstall wordpress theme with existing content

Dear community,

I have some bigger errors with my theme and my database and I would like to know how I can most conveniently reinstall the time while keeping all my page structure images and content in place.

It's a premium theme I purchased from themeforest in this case.

What's the by step way of achieving this without having to redo everything?

Thanks for your help

• Rupok

Hi Twelvesix

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I would like to know how I can most conveniently reinstall the time while keeping all my page structure images and content in place

From your requirement, it seems like your theme is highly customized. In default WordPress themes, when you reinstall a theme, all contents stays as it is. Suppose you have 10 pages and 20 posts with your own content. When you deactivate a theme and delete it, and then install it again, all posts and pages should be there as they were. So if you theme was coded using proper guidelines, then even you reinstall the theme, all your content should be in place.

For your website, first take a full backup so you can always revert back to current state if anything goes wrong. Then simply go to "Dashboard > Appearance > Themes" section, click on the theme screenshot and a popup will appear. There on bottom right corner, you will get a delete button. Click that and delete the theme. Then normally install the theme again as you did previously. Please note, in this way, your theme may ask you to reconfigure some theme settings depending on the theme itself.

If you didn't say about database, I'd suggest you a different approach. I'd ask you to login to your server with any FTP programs, then go to "/wp-content/themes/{your_theme_name}" directory, and delete all files from there, then upload all files again from your computer. This could save your settings.

In brief, if your theme has some problems in database, then reinstalling may help if the theme reconfigures itself again. If all settings are stored as they are, then there won't be any reconfiguration, but I'm afraid database issues will also stay then. And if you face any issue like "table not found", "column not found" etc. , you can install the theme on your local computer and then compare both databases.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.