Best way to stop/remove duplicate content

Hi.
PLease mark this post private.

I ran an analysis using SEO moz on my site and it reported 2 pages with the same duplicate content. What is the best ay to fix this to stop it from happening. One is the actually article post and the there is the post under the authors name? I have your seo plugin installed is the an option in it to stop this sort of thing? Tnx.

Dermot

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Dermot Murphy,

PLease mark this post private.

These are public forums. In public forums people learn from each other and someone else might have the same questions as you do.
    We do not mark posts as private unless really necessary.
    I have removed any links to your site if this is what troubles you.

I ran an analysis using SEO moz on my site and it reported 2 pages with the same duplicate content. What is the best ay to fix this to stop it from happening.

I'm afraid there is no way to fix this, nor is it necessary.
    Google does understand what archives are, and knows better than to consider these as duplicate content. SEO Moz should be used as a general guide, and it's not always right!
    Google's algorithms are far more advanced that those used by SEO Moz so there's nothing to worry about.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• NYCWW
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello @Dermont.

Author archives are not considered duplicate content and aren't going to hurt your site from an SEO perspective. However, they don't necessarily add value either.

If you'd prefer to disable the author archives, here's a plugin from the WordPress plugin directory that should do the trick:

Disable Author Pages

Please note that I haven't used it myself, as I don't see the need, but I've been told that it works.

• Dermot Murphy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you Ari for your reply and removing the site urls as I have found these appearing in search results in the pat so that is the only reason I wanted the post marked private.

One further question I have is how do I find the url of my xml sitemap if I have one??

Thanks again for your advice and help.

Dermot

• aristath
    • Recruit

One further question I have is how do I find the url of my xml sitemap if I have one??

If you hav one, it should be on domain.com/sitemap.xml
    If you don't have one, then our Infinite SEO plugin can take care of that as well and create it for you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.