Best way to translate to french

Dear support

My website is in french but the memberships2 contents are in english. What is the best way for me to translate?

Thanks in advance
Best regards

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi there, Stephanie!

The translation project for Membership2 is a little tricky to find, it's here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/membership, the page says it's the old version of membership, and that the plugin has been updated, but as I understand it, the translation project on the page I linked above is correct.

You can also download the .po file from wp-content/plugins/membership/languages and create a translation with a tool like poedit.

Here's our general manual on our translation project: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/translations/

If you complete the French translation and share it via the translation project page, you can earn points towards a lifetime membership here at WPMU DEV.

Hope this helps!

• schmelnitzky
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Michelle!

Many thanks for your answer.
    It doesn't work for me.

Please find attached my printscreens
    I have created the translations and exported (all current) both .mo and .po and uploaded to /wp-content/languages/plugins.
    But it doesn't work. Please see on the printscreen I modified for example signup but it didn't change.

Website settings are in french. It works for example for wordpress importer.

Did I do something wrong or is there an other page for membership2?

Many thanks in advance!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @Stephanie,

Hope you don't mind me chipping in here :slight_smile:

I've checked the link for translation files provided above and the reason it didn't work for me is because the file name was not correct. Can you try renaming the .po and .mo files from "membership-fr_FR" to "membership2-fr_FR".

Also if that does't help please try adding those to files in /wp-content/plugins/membership/languages/ and make sure you have French language selected in Settings -> General.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.