Better Forum Search And Category Filtering

Thank you for your excellent service line, plugins, themes, Upfront, and ALL that you as a team do, truly in a LEAGUE of your own WPMUDEV.

One element of great frustration for me has been finding solutions in your forum.

I believe you made a switch to the new forum layout in the last few years, as I remember things were a bit different.

I have an issue FINDING answers and posts, it is extremely frustrating, and I believe it leads to too many questions being asked that are duplicate, mainly because it is so difficult to find / search data on here.

There used to be separate forum categories for each of your plugins / themes, this was GREAT because you could go to the relevant topic and search what you want or at least focus on a particular product.

Another issue is your built in search, it is VERY poor, I often resort to using an external search engine to target your site to find things, as you can imagine, this is NOT very effective.

The built in search often shows blog posts first, and I do not find any built in ways to filter a specific category, plugin/theme, or section of the site.

It will be very helpful to improve this as it is very necessary to easily find support in the forums before submitting a new ticket.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Sacred Website,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I could notice at the moment, that the search functionality at our forums aren’t working properly. The developers are aware of this, and are working on providing a better interface. Thank you for creating a feature request, to include more functionalities, the more +1 this thread gets, the more it’ll be considered for development.

At the moment, you could make use of google search in order to help get your queries, or doubts cleared regrading any issues in our forums:

Topic keywords site:wpmudev.org/forums/

I hope this helps. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Sacred Website
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Nithin, I am glad to know this is in your awareness. Search is critical, and as much as google dominates, native search is more important. I will continue to use external search engine to research my topics, and will be very excited when the UI is improved and better search is present on these forums.

Thank you for your sacred service.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Sacred Website,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

In case if you have missed it, we have a much improved members search implemented recently, and with a much better indexed search results. However there isn’t any filters available at the moment as mentioned in this feature request, but the search should however replace the use of external search engines at the moment.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/members-search-its-here

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.