Better Integration of Affiliates with MarketPress

OK, so I have a problem in that MarketPress and Affiliates don’t talk to each other unidirectionally. If a product is purchased:

1) I can only pay out on the global per store commission rate.

2) I cannot see on the order which affiliate referred the customer.

So this presents a real problem in that if I wish to pay commissions on different products in different amounts to different affiliates, I can’t. Plus, I cannot see what affiliate was responsible for a given order.

So unless I’m missing something, I would like to request the following:

1) commissions be based on product, not global for the store.

2) affiliate be tagged in the order.

3) commissions be based on affiliate

4) some sort of notification between the two.

BTW, I worked with Cole and Aaron on this.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings andygrantonline,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I totally agree with you this presents a real problem in that if I wish to pay commissions on different products in different amounts to different affiliates but this was never the intended use of the plugin – though it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Of course I will go ahead and add this to the feature requests though I am not sure which of the two lead developers this is most applicable to i.e. Affiliates Lead Developer or Market Press Lead Developer

However, since you have already tagged this as Market Press I will go ahead and alert the Market Press lead developer of this feature request(s).

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Just following up on your last post and question any update?

Unfortunately no since the only thing I can do, which I have indeed done, is submit this feature request to the developer/coder team for consideration.

It is in their hands now and they may or may not ever choose to develop this.

The best we can hope for at this point would be the lead developer of Market Press acknowledges that it will be developed ~or~ is in development.

I have honestly done everything I can to facilitate this being developed.

Sincerely, Joe

• andygrantonline
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@Barry

I found the following in wp_posts (post_content):

a:1:{i:177

a:1:{i:0

a:6:{s:3:”SKU”

s:10:”product sku here”

s:4:”name”

s:32:”product name here”

s:3:”url”

s:74:”https://mysite.com/store/products/product-page-here/”

s:5:”price”

s:4:”1.00″

s:8:”quantity”

i:1

s:8:”download”

b:0

}}}a:10:{s:5:”email”

s:23:”purchaser@email.com”

s:4:”name”

s:10:”My Name”

s:8:”address1″

s:14:”1111 My Street”

s:8:”address2″

s:0:””

s:4:”city”

s:11:”City name”

s:5:”state”

s:2:”TX”

s:3:”zip”

s:5:”77484″

s:7:”country”

s:2:”US”

s:5:”phone”

s:0:””

s:18:”affiliate_referrer”

s:1:”1″

}

Is it the last item?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Thank you for your persistence in trying to get Barry to commit or at least give a round about date of possible integration but it is WPMU DEV policy that we do not give release dates or schedules due to we do not want to let members down when it does not go as planned.

Thank you for asking though and for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Max
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Has this been implemented yet? (The last post was 7 months ago.)

Does the Affiliates plugin allow for setting per product referral rates?

For instance: I want affiliates to be paid 20% if customers they refer purchase Product1 and 10% if customers they refer purchase Product 2, etc.

This is possible in the WooCommerce/Affiliates set up. However, since I’m using the WPMU Membership plugin, I’m looking to change over to the WPMU Affiliates+MarketPress set up so that I can also credit affiliates for referring members. But I want to retain the ability to do per product referral rates.

Alternately, can you set custom referral rates based on the total purchase amount?

For example, if a customer purchases $25 or less then the affiliate receives a 10% referral fee. But if the customer purchases $25 or more, the affiliate receives a 20% referral fee.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for your post and sorry for missing your last response. Unfortunately this hasn’t been implemented yet. It doesn’t allow per product affiliate setting or a % amount on total sale.

The reason is that it did not get too many votes in terms of the popularity of this feature request.

At the moment, it would require custom coding if you want something like that however we might push it up the development queue as we get more votes on this.

I have added this to the agenda of our internal meetings and will see if I can get some good information on this soon :slight_smile:

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.