Better MarketPress Store Statistics Plugin By @aristath

One of our Awesome users @aristath have cooked up a handy Statistics plugin for MarketPress. Check it out: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/marketpress-statistics/

Works like a charm. See the screenshot attached of my store.

The release post is here, do not forget to send him some points if you find this useful. You will! ( oh, also give it a 5 star rating on WordPress.org will you? :wink:

• aristath
    • Recruit

@Arun Basil Lal @Gina @Mark thank you all, I will continue improving and developing as I find this really useful!
    Hopefully sometime in the near future this plugin will be rendered obsolete when MarketPress provides some useful statistics in-core.
    Until then, I'll keep improving it! :slight_smile:

• aristath
    • Recruit

@Timothy thank you!!!
    I'm just about to launch my project so I 'm contributing the bits and pieces that can be useful to others too...

The next (and BIG) contribution will be the theme, I just have to clean it up a bit and make it multilingual (i't all hardcoded Greek for now) so pretty soon there's going to be a fully customizable MarketPress theme based on bootstrap. :slight_smile:

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @aristath I had a couple of questions and or suggestions. Not sure if i missed something but when I select the store statistics I don't see any pie charts.

Was also wondering if in a future release if we can have the ability to have a start and end date for the Statistics as well as the ability to print or export them. I appreciate your work on this project.

• aristath
    • Recruit

@Dean Kaus well, The pie charts are comparing products. So in case you only have 1 product they won't show any slices. Could this be your case?

Also please note that sometimes google charts can be a bit slow displaying the actual charts... So just give it a minute. I'm currently trying to find a good replacement for google charts (nothing good so far).

As for your suggestion, that was the plan from the beginning. :slight_smile: Eventually that will happen too.

• Saunt Valerian
    • The Bug Hunter

@aristath This plugin ranks up there with being spectacular. A job well done, thank your for doing this - it is exactly the kind of thing I needed for my sellers.

I read on the blog here that you are taking feature requests. I think to really make this plugin a tour de force for MarketPress would be to add multisite support. Since MP is conceptually a multisite e-commerce plugin, having a stats plugin like this to compliment it would be great.

Having a network stats page would be awesome. Some of the things I would like to know about my network of sellers: Total revenue for the month, Total revenue for the year, total revenue all time, top sellers/sites (and for this having links to the stats page on the subsite in case we want to drill down would just be candy), and I'm sure there is more that other might find useful but these are just off the top of my head.

Since you also operate a MarketPress network, I think you might find having functionality like this for your own network to be rather useful. I've been running ours for the better part of a year now and this is information that I instinctively desire to have as I gauge the performance of the sellers and the network.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @aristath

@Dean Kaus well, The pie charts are comparing products. So in case you only have 1 product they won't show any slices. Could this be your case?

I have several DVD's from varius sporting events. Each is set up as a separate product as well as a separate sku. That should show up as different items. I'm really looking forward to being able to determine which sports or types of events that bring in more money.

thanks Again!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@aristath I thought that I'd follow up to see what i should do. I did take your suggestion about the google charts being slow. so I clicked to see the report, went out to dinner, watched some tv and now 5 hours later it still doesn't show the cake charts.

I haven't had any sales from the last month but it does show all sales. The other question I had was the graph and dot diagrams don't really show which products were sold etc... When I hover over one of the dot's it just shows a number like 71/2 or something like that.

• Saunt Valerian
    • The Bug Hunter

Updated to 0.4 last night and it broke my site. Anybody else getting this? It started throwing out some errors. It may be a conflict in my network, but I don't know how to interpret these error messages. Had to deactivate it since the 0.3 version isn't available in the repository.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/teatrade/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress-statistics/marketpress-stats.php:607) in /home/teatrade/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 680

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/teatrade/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress-statistics/marketpress-stats.php:607) in /home/teatrade/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 681

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/teatrade/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress-statistics/marketpress-stats.php:607) in /home/teatrade/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 682

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/teatrade/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress-statistics/marketpress-stats.php:607) in /home/teatrade/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 881
  • Saunt Valerian
    • The Bug Hunter

Found the problem, there are a couple of spaces after the last ?> in marketpress-stats.php (which is why it goes to line 607 instead of line 605 when the coding ends).

I removed those spaces and the errors vanished. Might want to make a note so that the repository version can be updated.

• aristath
    • Recruit

@Saunt Valerian Thanks! I will update the repository today...

@Dean Kaus honestly I'm out of ideas regarding why Google Charts are not rendering...
    The scatter charts are a bit limited and google charts doesn't support labels. That's why I've added the top products table below that...

@Saunt Valerian Great suggestion! Global statistics are the next logical step...

• aristath
    • Recruit

I haven't had any issues like that!!

Anyone else having anything similar?

I'm afraid I can't figure out why/how this is happening unless I have your actual data!
    If you can send me an export of your orders and a screenshot of your statistics perhaps I can figure it out...

To export your orders you can go to products -> orders and on the bottom you'll see an export option. You can do it from there...
    Of course you can then open up the file useng excel, libreoffice or another program of your choosing and remove customer-specific data.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.