between product category and category witch one that would show all the product categories on a drop

i used product categories and when i click on it, it only shows the website thats on the network. should i use category instead? what the difference between them ?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hello, Jacques! Hope you're looking forward to a great weekend. :slight_smile:

Are you using MarketPress on a multisite network, or on a single site? On a single site, the product category dropdown should be showing all your product categories. If it's on a network, and you're trying to get products from all your sites to show, that's going to take a little extra work.

Would you mind enabling support access so I can see your setup? If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks, Jacques! We'll get you hooked up. :slight_smile:

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, jacques!

No worries! I can help get it all sorted for you. It looks like your admin area has an .htaccess password protect, can you send me the login info I need there via our contact form?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Michelle Shull"
    -WordPress admin username
    -username and password for access pop up
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me. Post here when it's sent so I know to go look for it.

Thanks!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @jacques, my apologies for the extreme delay here!

As my colleague Michelle asked... what is the problem?

between product category and category witch one that would show all the product categories on a drop

Are you referring to the widgets, or the shortcodes provided by MarketPress? And are you wanting the categories to show up as a dropdown list?

i used product categories and when i click on it, it only shows the website thats on the network.

Assuming that you're referring to a shortcode, do you mean to say that when you use the Product Categories shortcode on the page, you're only seeing the categories from the site that you're on presently? Are you wanting to display every product category from every site on your network?

If so, then you'd be looking to use the [mp_list_global_products] shortcode on a page, though depending on whether or not you're trying to use this shortcode on a subsite, you may need to go into your Network Dashboard, navigating to:

Settings -> MarketPress

And set "Limit Global Widgets/Shortcodes To Main Blog" to "No".

As for displaying the list of global categories as a dropdown, you should be able to use this mu-plugin on your site:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/global-product-category-list-dropdown-and-show-empty-categories#post-826644

If I'm off here in any way, please let me know, and please elaborate on what it is you're looking for, as I'd really like to advise you as best as I can here. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.