BG image position is not displaying as expected

Hello WPMU dev community,

I am sure that this is a simple question for most of you, but I am still a novice when it comes to code.

I am working on a site using the ShapeShifter2 theme from ThemeForest. I can usually figure out how to customize most everything within themes, but the background image position on this one has me stumped.

I have set the background image position to "center top", but the image is displaying as if it is "left top". There are several CSS files for this theme, and I am not sure if there are multiple instances that need to be updated. Also, the image is large -- 2200 x 1460 and is meant to bleed off the edges of the browser window -- bleed on the left, right and bottom, that is.

I would appreciate if someone would take a moment to look at this and hopefully tell me the one small thing I've missed here...

http://66.147.244.73/~bcfoucco/wp/

(The site is in the very beginning stages of development... I got stuck on the BG image and can't seem to continue with anything else until I figure this out!)

THANK YOU!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Brandshake,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

It can be pretty challenging to support other peoples work, but we do our best here to help you with any WordPress issues at all, so let's see what we can do!

I visited your site and it is not the background that is the issue and it bleeds fine. (screen shot below)

The white table behind the left menu and main content needs to be moved to the left.

If this came this way out of the box I would be raising cain to say the least.

Can you please post the css code here so that we may take a look at it?

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Just to add, it seems the theme is possibly adding the 'left' bit to the code so there may not be a proper way around it without editing the theme.

Alternatively, you could load the following wherever you're adding custom CSS:

body, body:after {
        background: url("http://66.147.244.73/~bcfoucco/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bg-PP-lake.jpg") repeat fixed center top transparent !important;
    }

The !important makes it over-ride the theme default. Hope that helps!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over email. I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Brandshake
    • New Recruit

Thanks Timothy for checking in. Unfortunately, I got completely swamped on another project and this one fell by the wayside for a bit...

But to answer your question: yes, my issue is resolved. I just took Mason's suggestion and it worked perfectly -- thanks Mason!

aecnu, the white "table" is actually part of the background image... the theme's content area displays directly over the background. But thank you also for your reply!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.