BIG BUG: getting bombarded with /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=psts_stripe_webhook requests

Site is running super slow...this is a problem.

While logged in attempted to create a new blog (testing this)

Got close to completetion, but waited a while as a messed with styling, then put in credit card info (stripe gateway) and then the site processed but then came back to the payment area again sans the message warning that the site is being held but not completed till payment is made. I put in the payment method again and then it looks like it completed sans the new blog url, (it showed networkname.com/wp-admin as the login link when it should be networkname.com/blogname/wp-admin)

the charge when through, a site was created but without the blog name i originally gave.

And now the whole network is slow. New Site shows but slowly. Checking logs I have a million:

2016/12/09 20:01:31 [error] 29702#0: *59103 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: Stripe Notice: Undefined property of Stripe_AttachedObject instance: blog_id" while reading response header from upstream, client: XX.XXX.XXX.XXX, server:.com, request: "POST /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=psts_stripe_webhook HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host: "networkname.com"

This is a big bug...i know nobody at WPMUDEV is working on pro-sites....but you should be.

f'd

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ben,

I hope you're well today!

I have just test this on my multisite test install with default Pro Sites setup and no other plugins active (except from WPMU DEV Dashboard) but each attempt to setup a site went well for me.

It's possible though that I need to test it under different conditions. That said can you tell me please:

- does this happen to you with Stripe as a first or second or only gateway?
    - does this happen for you with Stripe in testing or live mode or both?
    - is there any specific setup of Pro Sites that I should follow or is it the default "out of the box" Pro Sites configuration?
    - are there any additional plugins such as New Blog Templates or any security/caching plugins enabled on the site (if so what are they?)?

I'm asking this in order to be able to test that better.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Ben

Adam Czajczyk

- does this happen to you with Stripe as a first or second or only gateway?

Stripe is the only gateway

- does this happen for you with Stripe in testing or live mode or both?

This happened in Live mode

- is there any specific setup of Pro Sites that I should follow or is it the default "out of the box" Pro Sites configuration?

Please try with blog templates enabled...i have quite a few plugins enabled and have made some styling changes to pro-sites code, but the core functionality should be up to date with the latest version

- are there any additional plugins such as New Blog Templates or any security/caching plugins enabled on the site (if so what are they?)?

Yes New Blog Templates was enabled. I have basic NGINX fast caching enabled, no special caching with pro-sites, humming bird is not active.

Perhaps you can email me direct a link to the server you are testing...? I could possibly be of MUCH MUCH more assistance in guiding the set up for re-producing the bug for you as there are many variables to consider. My track record seems to show I'm quite good at finding these bugs!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ben!

I cannot let you use any of my testing sites/servers because these are my tools that I use for hours on daily basis and changes that are made there's a lot of changes going on there from minute to minute.

You responses though gave me some more information and there's also one more important thing that I just found out (I'm sorry I didn't notice that before): you are using a different version of Pro Sites than I am.

The 3.5.5-beta1 release is not publicly available so I assume you got it from one of support/dev staff members. I'll get my hands on it and do more tests on it and let's see if that changes anything.

Could you please tell me when (just around) and from whom do you get it? I'm asking just to make sure that I would be using the very same exact release that you are.

Best regard,
    Adam