Big communication problem between gcal and app+

Hi,

Whenever I put a new appointment in my gcal, the plugin get wrong the information about the time of the reserved. The plugin think that the appointment is reserved for midnight instead of the wright time and deleates the event in my gcal afterwards.

ITs been like that since the last update.

Please I need quick support in this, I can't use my gcal for now because of this.

• Jude

Hi there @@francoisgrenier3

Hope you are keeping well !

This looks like its connected to the DST savings changes in your country. Can you check if both WP as well as your Calendar ( GCal ) have the same timezone set ? Also can you create a new calendar and integrate it with the plugin using a fresh key ( including App ID ) and try again ?

Not to worry if at any point you think that this is critical and need to older version as it works better you can download it from here.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/

Simply click on changelog and choose the previous version and you should be set !

Cheers
    Jude

• François Grenier

Hi

It seems that there is something quite wrong.

Here is what I've done :

1. I canceled all my api connections with app+
    2. Created a new connection with the same google account (did the same result)
    3. Deleated this api connection
    4. I created a new test calendar with this same google account
    5. Created a new api connexion and tryed with this new calendar (did the same result)
    6. Deleated this api connextion, created a new one in another google account (did the same result)
    7. Both my gcal and my wordpress are on gmt -4.

Passed about 3 hours on this, can't find the solution.

I want to use this new version and be able to update it... I don't really want to reinstall app+ from scratch :slight_frown:

• Michael Bissett

Hey @francoisgrenier3,

You're right about something being wrong, this would be a bug that's been reported to the developer (and I've added this ticket to our internal bug tracker, so that he's aware that you're running into this too).

For now, while I understand the hesitation to do this, please downgrade to version 1.7 of Appointments+, so that Google Calendar will be synced properly in the meantime.

What you'll want to do, is this:

#1: Disable the current version of Appointments+ (but do not delete it)

#2: Log into your site via FTP, and navigate to:

/wp-content/plugins

Rename the "appointments" folder there to "appointments-old".

#3: Back in your site's Dashboard, upload the .zip copy of the older version via:

Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin

And activate it.

We're working on getting this fixed for the next release, but it will need a bit of time.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Okay, that's definitely something I haven't been able to reproduce. :disappointed:

Just before I posted my prior reply (going through the same steps I'd advised you to take), it was importing the appointment correctly (date & time)... can I have a deeper look at this situation?

I'll need you to send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include Google account access details (username & password)
    -- There's typically a security question, may need to ask for the answer to that; these details are needed so I can check out how you've got your calendar set up here
    - Please note the name of the appointment in your Google Calendar, so I know which one to look for

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

To be honest with you, the exact source of the problem is where we're needing the developer's assistance. :slight_smile:

I do know that there's an error coming up when I try to sync the appointments, but my own troubleshooting efforts weren't quite nailing down the sucker. I did try disabling all of the plugins, so it doesn't seem to be plugin related.

Doing some educated guessing here, it seems like there's a timeout or something, because it does try to sync for a minute, and it could be that it's timing out, and defaulting to the time you mentioned. But like I said, I haven't been able to reproduce this on my own test site, so it doesn't come across as a bug yet (though it's definitely a problem, that's not lost on me here).

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• François Grenier

Hi,

I think its good now. The communication is fine between gcal and app+ and availabilities dissapears from the website when I add appointments in my gcal. Thank you so much for this quick support.

But there is something that I think that changed :

I have a therapist available thuseday night, she's the only one working that night.
    She's in vacation, so in her Gcal I put an appointment filling all her working time.
    When we select her agenda in app+, we see that the day is full.
    But when there is no service provider selected, her availabilities are still open, even if she's the only one working at that time.

Shoudn't the global schedule remove available spots when the only one therapist is not working?

Many tanks!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @francoisgrenier3,

I'd say that we'll want to take this one to a separate thread, seeing as we got the initial one sorted out here, best not to lump things together in a single thread.

If you'd like us to look into this further, could you please open a new thread, and note the following (along with what you've mentioned here in these last two posts):
    - How we can locate the service provider in question
    - The fact you sent in access details to me before

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• François Grenier

Hi Michael,

I've done some testings and everything seems to be fine.

I added an exceptionnal not working day for the therapist that was conflicting with my day blocking in gcal.

For your info, if we put exceptionnal not working day for a service provider, his availabilites dissapear from his own agenda, but app+ don't remove them if we don't have selected ''no preference'' for the service provider...

Many thanks

• Michael Bissett

Hey François Grenier,

I've done some testings and everything seems to be fine.

I added an exceptionnal not working day for the therapist that was conflicting with my day blocking in gcal.

Okay, if you're good with that then, we'll close up the ticket here. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

P.S. Regarding this:

For your info, if we put exceptionnal not working day for a service provider, his availabilites dissapear from his own agenda, but app+ don't remove them if we don't have selected ''no preference'' for the service provider...

This is something I can reproduce, and will report to the developer. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.