Biggest mistake...maybe someone can help?

So, I have completely just lost a client WP site that was ready to launch. The great thing is that I pulled the WP site down using FTP; however, I loaded the site using FTP but I've had no luck. After transferring everything, the Upfront theme is there but all of the customizations have been lost. Please help me...I know there has to be a way to do this using the FTP files.

• Rupok

Hi Julius,

I loaded the site using FTP but I've had no luck

Can you please confirm you migrated the database perfectly? All Upfront changes are saved in database. So if you don't migrate full database with proper data, upfront changes won't be carried away.

The best way of transferring a site (including sites using Upfront) is creating a zip archive of all files, and download > upload it on live server and extract. In that case, system files like .htaccess and other files won't be missed. Then go to your PHPMyAdmin in previous server, dump the full MySQL database, then go to new server PHPMyAdmin, create a fresh database, import that dump into that new database. Then open "wp-config.php" file in new location and update new database login credentials. This way you can completely migrate full site will all changes without any issue.

I tried this and it worked for me. Can you please confirmed you did all this and still you had that issue? In that case, can you send me message with cPanel access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ so I can try to migrate your site to my local test server and check if I can manage to bring all the changes you have made on your site with Upfront?

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - cPanel Username
    - cPanel Password
    - cPanel Login URL
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.