Blank assessment page in Coursepress Pro

Going to the Dashboard and clicking CoursePress Pro > Assessment leads to a few seconds of spinning progress indicator followed by a completely blank page. Debug output is attached. Using CoursePress Pro 1.2.6.7. Any help would be great!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Andrey,

In your debug log I can see Fatal Error

[27-Jan-2016 18:25:07] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6973441 bytes) in /wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/admin-pages/assessment.php on line 448

that means that there is not enough resources to process this page.
    Please see this article on how to increase memory https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

Also please tell me what PHP version do you have on your server.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Andrey

Hello Kasia,

Thank you, I set "memory_limit = 1024M" in /etc/php.ini and then I had to also set "define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT' , '1024M' );" in wp-config.php. After that, the assessment page loaded after a long wait.

I am concerned that the assessment viewer is implemented very inefficiently. It seems to load all assessments for all students at once, paginates them, and uses anchors within a page to jump between pages. This defeats the purpose of pagination: the page load time is insane (around 15 seconds), and it is already running out of memory with just 50 students and 20 questions for each. Does it mean that I will have to keep waiting longer and longer and give it more and more memory as I add more classes, students and questions?

Is it possible to implement the assessment viewer in a scalable way, so that each page on the assessment screen is loaded separately, and having classes with >1000 assessments does not slow it down and require huge amounts of memory?

Best regards,
    Andrey

Andrey

• Andrey

I am sorry, I was wrong! The pagination is done correctly. What confused me is that there are two navigation elements. One is a list of pages on the bottom, which is, apparently, to do exactly the pagination that I was asking for. The other one is a list of tabs on top (1 through 13), the purpose of which is mysterious, and which seem to do nothing when I click. Assessment page load time - checked this time around - 40 seconds. Oh well...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.