Blank image seems to disable Media Library from loading

This is baffling me... I have a multisite with 13 sites in total. The multisite setup has been up for 1 and 1/2 months. Just a couple days ago 2 of the sites started to not display all the pictures in the media library and would not allow the users to upload new pictures either. One of the troubled sites has this mystery blank image that loads that I cannot delete and has no information attached to it. The other troubled site has a mystery blank image which I CAN delete (but have not deleted yet) that has the title "system-membership". I use the the "Membership Pro 2" plugin. I don't know if this issue is related to that plugin. Anyway, I need to figure this out as soon as possible as my users cannot contribute to their blog. Any ideas as to what is causing this?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Beau,

I've checked my sandbox installs with Membership 2 and I'm not seeing that image or the same issue.

My first suggestion would be to do a plugin conflict check. Deactivate all plugins temporarily then try uploading an image to see if it is a plugin conflict that is causing it.

If you suspect it is Membership 2 then just deactivate M2 temporarily and see if then you can upload an image. Once we find out what is causing the issue then we can provide a solution :slight_smile:

We have a good troubleshooting guide at the bottom of this page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/ - scroll down to the flowchart.

If you're not able to find the cause, could you grant support access so we can login and have a look? :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.