Blank page on plugins network admin and some other pages

Hi,

- I can't access to the network plugin page here anymore. I get a blank page.
- When I want to go to the Users / User Activation Keys page, I get an empty page.

Any idea? I think the problem appears recently, could this be related to my network having "ton many" subsites? A memory problem?

Thanks!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Arom77,

Only way to check why you get white page is to enable debug mode in WordPress - because white page usually means that there was fatal error.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Arom77

Hi @Kasia Swiderska

Happy new year :wink:

I saw this in my server logs when trying to go to one of those pages:

[Mon Jan 04 21:25:06 2016] [warn] [client xxx] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server, referer: http://xxx.net/wp-admin/network/sites.php?orderby=lastupdated&order=asc
    [Mon Jan 04 21:25:06 2016] [warn] [client xxx] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function, referer: http://xxx.net/wp-admin/network/sites.php?orderby=lastupdated&order=asc

Any idea of what it means?

EDIT : WP-debug was activated but the file is so huge I can't open it... :disappointed:

Thanks!

• Arom77

Hello @Kasia Swiderska

I see some fatal errors:

[04-Jan-2016 20:41:42] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1779

[04-Jan-2016 20:41:58] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 54 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-user.php on line 491

[04-Jan-2016 20:43:10] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3483 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 340

[04-Jan-2016 20:44:18] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2350

[05-Jan-2016 08:53:33] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8193 bytes) in /home/creersonsite/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4467

[05-Jan-2016 08:53:43] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1024 bytes) in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1779

How can I increased the allowed memory size for this multisite network?

Thanks!
    Kind Regards

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Arom77,

Please take a look on this tutorial https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/ - it describes ways you can do that. Best way is to do that in the php.ini file - but you need to have access to it. If you don't have it then try with htaccess and wp-config.php file. If this fails then you need to speak with your hosting provider about increasing memory.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.