Blank site and Admin work area

My site seems frozen and only shows the left admin menu. The site is blank and the work area in the admin is blank with any menu selection.

I cannot access the plugin content to deactivate/activate plugins to troubleshoot bug; nor can I access the support section of the site. Please help.

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there Tom,

How are you doing today?

This is most likely caused by a conflict with one of the plugins that you're using so the easiest way to troubleshoot this would be to rename plugin folder directly in your WordPress installation files, to do that please access your site files via FTP / cPanel etc and navigate to /wp-content/ folder, once there you can rename current "plugins" folder to "plugins-old" and create new one called "plugins".

If this fixes the issue you can then drag plugins one by one or in batches from "plugins-old" to "plugins" to see which one is causing this if any.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Tom
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Only the main site "XL2.com" is resolving both site and admin/dashboard

1. The new sites return blank (see image attached); and, the new site dashboards don't show up

2. The SFTP does not show the plugins in the folder (I can usually see them there), so I can't troubleshoot plugins via SFTP (see attached image)

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again Tom,

Based on your reply I'm assuming that you're referring your multisite (xl2.com) and not just subdomain single installations?

If that's the case you're probably not looking at the right place in your site files as in our logs for your registered sites the same multisite has around 40 of our products installed only so there's probably more if you have other plugins installed as well.

Can you please double check that?

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Tom
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

1. By completely backing out and reinitiating SFTP I was able to see/access the plugins so I can manage them at this point.

2. The subdomain issue was resolved by ensuring the wildcard for the domain was in the dns and hosting domain listing.

3. THE CURRENT issue is that the HUB does not appear to recognize anything except the main site "XL2.com" and it is not recognizing it's own dashboard (when logged in) on the Multisite. It never allows the HUB Add Website function as FINISHED. So, I have the Multisite on the server with the main domain "XL2.com" as well as many subdomains (i.e., gcch.xl2.com) -- BUT the HUB only acknowledges the main domain "XL2.com"

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey Tom,

Subsites that are part of the multisite can't be added to the Hub as separate websites cause essentially these are part of the same website which is a multisite if that makes sense. WPMU DEV Dashboard can only be network activated on multisite installations.

Now if you're referring to single site subdomain installations on the same domain I've tested that and on my account and didn't run into any issues when adding sites, so if that's the issue that you're having please let me know.

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Tom
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Only having Multisite main domain on HUB makes sense -- so I guess things are better now.

QUESTION: what if I can't change the "writable" aspect: When I try to fix I get the following:

"Your wp-config.php isn't writable"

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again Tom,

This would mean you need to change file permissions for those files on your server, there's a handy blog post on that topic that you can check here https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/understanding-file-permissions/.

In the future could you please open a new thread here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/support#question for new unrelated questions so we can keep those in separate threads. This helps both our staff in keeping track of threads and our members when searching for similar issues.

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.