Block domain from The Hub

Our dev sites are showing up in The Hub. We use git and a plugin to synchronize out databases with live sites so we can't easily disable the "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin in our dev environments. Is there a way to stop them from showing up in The Hub by blocking our dev domains?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello imajery,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If a WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin is enabled on site, then even if you removed the site was removed from The Hub it would reappear as long as WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin is active and logged in to your account.

On the other hand, the WPMU DEV Dashboard must stay active to provide access to updates and some features so with it disabled some plugins would work fine but just wouldn't be updated and some would turn into free/lite version limited in features.

While currently disabling the WPMU DEV Dashboard (and manually removing the site from The Hub after that) is the only way to remove the site from the list, it also has consequences which you most likely want to avoid.

Having said that, I admit that I'm not entirely sure if I understood your goal correctly so let's make sure that we're on the same side The way I see it, is that you are using our plugins and/or themes on these sites and you do actually want them to stay connected to The Hub but just don't want to see them there?

Or you simply want to disconnected them (with all the consequences if it comes to plugin's features) and make sure that they won't be connected again (unless you decide otherwise) even if the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin is active there?

Looking forward to your replay,
    Adam

• imajery

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. The issue we have it that it is not uncommon for us to have multiple copies of a single site but we only want to monitor the one that is in productions. Here's a typical example:

1. Live production site - This is the site we want to show up in the hub and is where we update plugins and make changes to the database (new blog posts etc.).
      2. Staging site - We often clone the live production site to a staging area to test updates first, do training, show new features, etc. We do not want this version of the site showing up in the Hub.
      3. Dev sites - It's not uncommon for us to have a few programmers running local copies of the site. This is where we develop updates to custom themes and plugins, and we continuously copy the database from the live production site so that everyone is synchronized. We do not want this version of the site showing up in the Hub either.

As you can see, one live production site, can have multiple versions of it self-running in different places that we do not want to monitor. We also often clone the production site to staging or copy the production site's database to our developers' installs which continually turns the WMPU Dev plugin back on even if we have previously turned it off.

It just ends up polluting our hub pages mostly with sites that don't need to be monitored which is messy and error-prone.

I hope that helps explain our situation a little bit. I understand that's there's no way to block domains from the hub but I am also open to other solutions.

Thanks!
      Jay