Block hours off for providers in Appointments+

I would like the ability for a Service Provider to have half a day off (say, from 9am-11:30am).

I read that the solution was to create a fake service for the length of time, book the service to the date you needed, then delete the service.

However, when I delete the service, it unblocks the time slot and allows visitors to scheduled appointments for that time. I guess the solution would be to not delete the fake service, however it then become an option on the Service drop down menu that guests can choose from when booking an appointment.

What is a better solution?

• Hakan

Hi,

That solution we have given as a suggestion and you have written above will work if you are the sole provider and/or you have only one service. It will not block working hours of a certain provider after you delete the service, because that provider will not be related to that service any more, but it will reduce your available workforce for that time slot.

Solution if you have more than one service and more than once service provider:
    1) Add fake appointments using services that provider is actually serving for
    OR
    2) Use GCal API integration and define those time slots as a single event in the selected/integrated calendar of the service provider.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• aecnu

Greetings simplifiedweb,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.