Block ours only for a specific day through Buddypress

Hello,

My website is for doctors bookings. So each doctor have their own profile on Buddypress where they confirm their apointments time. But when a doctor registers to the website he already has his schedule with appointments in different hours on specific days.

Right now they can only specify the general time they work during the week, and only mark a full day of not working, which is done through the My Holidays. My question is if it would be posible to allow them to select a specific day and mark which hours he is not free on that day.

Thanks,

Filipe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Filipe,

Thank you for the details but I do not understand since the working hours for each provider is provided through the working hours of the Appointments+ plugin to include if it is completely off or specific hours.

What am I missing here?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• filcp
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

What I am trying to achieve is this:

The doctor puts that he works every wednesday from 8am to 8pm, with a break from 12 to 2pm. But lets say that in the wednesday of march 13 he has an appointment already from 8am to 10am. How could he add that, if possible? It means he would have a different time for only one wednesday.

Thanks for the help

Filipe

• makenice
    • Flash Drive

Hey Filipe,

I might be wrong but I think you need to use google calendar to achieve this. Have a look this post. Each user can update their own google calendar and thus blocking hours on their schedule that may occur at a later date.

Hope that helps.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings filcp and makenice,

@makenice Great call and spot on for micro managing time.

@filcp Let us know how the suggestion makenice made if you have indeed been able to make it work for you or?

Please advise.

In any event, both of you have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• filcp
    • Flash Drive

Hi guys,

Thanks for the help. That wouldn't work for me. It's gonna be one more thing for the clients and they have to do some more stpes. I was looking for something more simple. So I tried to add the schedule with the [app_monthly_schedule] on the appointment settings page so that the doctor would do his bookings. It worked, the only thing I need now is to allow the doctor to mark more than one appointments at once, before saving. Because for now he has to book one appointment at a time. DO you guys have an idea on how to do it?

Thanks for the help

FIlipe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Filipe,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Filipe,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.