Block out one week automatically Appointment+

Hi guys!

Just wondering if there is any way (manually or through GUI) to disable booking in one week for Appointment+? I mean, if user visits, they earliest time available will be one week after today. The whole next week will always be automatically disabled.

Thanks!

• pxwm

Hi @PC - Glad to see you are still around, not heard from you for a while

Hi @Tim

You could try using a parameter in the shortcode: [app_schedule]

Such as [app_schedule date="2014-11-24"]

However if you wish to just block a week out you would have to use the weekly shortcode as above.
    Also no matter what date within the week you enter it will always block out from the start date of the week as governed by the Wordpress >General >Settings >'Week Starts On' field.

If this doesn't work for you another option you may wish to consider is to book 'dummy' appointments for the period you wish to block out.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @Tim,

To confirm if you wanted to use the shortcode app_schedule then you would only have to enter the date once for the week you wanted to block out.

As indicated in my previous post the blocked week would always be the start day of the week as governed by your Wordpress >General >Settings >'Week Starts On' field.

I'm still not sure this will help though as I would suggest even this option is going to be difficult, especially managing dates when a customer may have already booked a date some time in the future that you wish to block out.

A thought, have you considered using the 'Exceptional NON working days' calendar in the 'Exceptions' tab?

This way you can block out any days in the future.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Tim

Thank you all for your responses. I think there is a misunderstanding here.

I do not want to just block one specific week. I'd like to block all seven days ahead counting from the day a visitor visits the page, regardless what date it is. For example, if a visitor visits the appointment page on 11/08, they cannot book appointment for the next 7 days (show as booked), e.g. 11/08, 11/09, 11/10... 11/14. They can book the earliest 11/15.

If the visitor visits on 12/01, they cannot book until 12/08. There is always 7-day shown as booked or gray out.

Please advise,

Thanks.

• pxwm

Hi @Tim,

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Could you please try the following, which I have tested and it seems to work as you have requested:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin

Then select Appointments >Settings >General tab

Then scroll down to the 'Appointments lower limit (hours)' field in the 'Time Settings' section

Then enter the value 168 (7 x 24 = 1 week) in the field
    Then 'Save'
    This should now block out 7 days ahead when a visitor selects a 'Service' and 'Service Provider' and views the schedule calendar.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if this works.

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.