Blocked my own IP

Hi. I’ve blocked my own IP (178.38.136.194). What can I do to unblock it?

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Jürgen!

Sorry to hear that! It happens sometimes, but fortunately there's a fix for that :slight_smile:

If you mean the IP blocking was done in Defender, you can force-disable it via FTP. In order to do this, please go to wp-content/plugins and rename wp-defender directory to something else, for example wp-defender-bak. Then go to your site (frontend) and load it once. WordPress should detect the original plugin folder is not there anymore and will disable the plugin.

You can also disable IP Banning by editing your database in PHPMyAdmin. You will have to go to wp_options, then search for option_name = wd_lockdown_settings and delete the option or edit it and delete the value. This will disable IP Banning without deactivating Defender entirely. Please check the screenshot I attached to see how it's done.

If you need assistance with doing any of those tasks, please let me know and I can do that for you. In that case, please send you access credentials via our contact form:

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

NOTE: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Pawel Pela"

– Site login URL

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

– Folder path to site in question

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/info

Kind regards,

Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.