Blocked resources resolution

Hello all,

My site (erikafayinamarie.com) is running slowly due to blocked resources. Apparently, I'm also having issues with the Goggle robots also running into blocked resources. Here are some screen shots from Hummingbird and Google Search Console with my errors. Can anyone help? Many points to be awarded! Thank you!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Erica,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I checked screenshots that you attached to your post so let me explain what’s going on there :slight_smile:

There are “blocked resources” and “render blocking resources” and it’s not the same. The “blocked resources” (as shown on screenshots from your Google Webmaster console) are resources that are either blocked by Google for some reason or that the access to them is blocked (via .htaccess or “robots.txt” file or in any other way).

Some of them (most of those starting with an IP address) are coming from your site. Please go to the “Settings -> Reading” page of your site’s dashboard and make sure that the “Search Engine Visiblity” option check-box is NOT checked.

Make sure also that there’s no “robots.txt” file added to your server (sometimes host adds that automatically in order to “secure” site if WordPress was installed by some automated install tool).

What bother’s me is also that these resources are referred by IP and the “core” address – directly on the server. They should be referred by your domain name instead. What’s the setting of the “WordPress Address” and “Site Address” option on “Settings -> General” page in your site’s dashboard?

Is your domain fully configured on your server or is it a redirect/alias?

There’s also some other resources that are blocked but they come from outside of your site – from 3rd party sources. There’s not much that can be done about it as it’s the matter of the policy applied by the providers of these resources.

As for “render blocking resources”.

This can mostly be solved using our Hummingbird plugin and its “Minification” feature. Since Hummingbird is already installed on your site, is the “Minification” feature enabled as well? I’d like to take a look at your setup so could you please grant me a support access to it?

Here’s a guide on granting support access:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,

Adam

• Erika
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Adam,

Here’s a screenshot of my Settings page — It looks fine to me. I suppose I’ll have to talk to Bluehost to see what’s going on. It was an temporary url for about a week when I first rebuilt my site about a year ago. It should not be a re-direct or an alias. I’m not sure how to check for a robots.txt file.

I’ve got Hummingbird running and I’m pretty sure Minification feature is enabled. Support access is granted!

Thank you!

Erika

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Erika

Hope you are well today and won’t mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

I suppose I’ll have to talk to Bluehost to see what’s going on.

That would be great here as they will have more information about this so their insight will surely help us here. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how to check for a robots.txt file.

Robots.txt file should be in your site’s root folder. To know more about robots.txt file, please read this article,

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-optimize-your-wordpress-robots-txt-for-seo/

I’ve got Hummingbird running and I’m pretty sure Minification feature is enabled.

Yes I can confirm this. But still there are few things left which you can implement to make your site faster. :slight_smile: I noticed that you are not using any plugin for compressing images on your site, for your information, let me tell you that Image compression plays significant role in site’s overall performance. You can use our WP Smush Pro plugin to compress images on your site.

Also Hummingbird provides settings to integrate CDN service cloudflare. So you can also leverage that to provide better performance at different locations. More information about CDN is here,

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/205177068-Step-1-How-does-Cloudflare-work-

Kind Regards,

Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.