Blocking a Country from my Wordpress Site

Hello,

Every day someone from Ukraine (or at least disguising their IP address to appear it's from Ukraine) attempts to hack into my Wordpress site. I have solid security and this results in my account being locked down for a few hours (only problem - I'm locked out too).

I'd like to block the entire country of Ukraine from accessing my site. I have no customers there and it's unlikely that I ever will. I've been shopping around for a plugin to do this (or another method) and was wondering if you had any advice on what the best method of achieving this is.

I really appreciate your assistance.

Thanks!

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, rruppert! Hope you're well today.

Can you block just the IP range, without being so drastic as to block the whole country, or is it a broad enough range of IP addresses to make that inefficient? I hesitate to tell anyone to block an entire country, our staff lives all over the world, and I know some of my co-workers have had difficulty helping due to a country-wide IP ban on member servers.

That being said, I believe WordFence will let you block entire countries in the premium version. It's a little pricey, but it's a solid plugin that's protecting a lot of sites right now.

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.