Blog admins can't modify theme options

I have the Triden theme installed and it seems to work fine, except that the only user level in the site that can modify an individual blog's "theme options" is the Site Admin. So they can't set colors, change from custom to regular blog homepage, etc. What's up with that?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

the only user level in the site that can modify an individual blog's "theme options" is the Site Admin

Do you mean super admin? Only network 'super' admins and individual site admins can edit theme options.

Is this not what you were expecting, or are you seeing different behaviour?

Cheers,
    Phil

• trjohnson
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

No, I meant that the blog admins (individual blogs on a multiblog site) couldn't see Theme Options, but network admins could. I went into the theme functions.php and changed edit_theme to edit_theme_options in three different places, and now they can. I would think that should be on by default if this is intended for multisite usage.

One other issue is there doesn't seem to be a setting to remove the Site Intro.

• trjohnson
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ah, sorry, thought I'd had the most recent version as I'd updated relatively recently.

I'm not seeing the ability to disable the site intro in the options but it might be the older version again. I'll upgrade and see what happens :slight_smile: Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.