Blog Creation Rule not providing option to create blog

Membership level: "member" has positive blog creation rule. right now, only one subscription level active: "Basic Membership" which is free and only one Gateway "Free Subscriptions"

New member is activated at correct level - but does not have option to add a site under My Sites - only the main site is listed (not the usual add a site option)

• antKat

Boy, this takes tremendous patience by all of us, doesn't it!

Based on the following step in the Membership installation process:
    "Disable WordPress registration - The membership plugin takes over the registration process, so you need to disable the standard WordPress registration."
    I had changed the previously set option in network settings of allowing both access/site to not allowing registrations because I interpreted the above instruction to mean that and if that wasn't where I was supposed to disable the standard WordPress registration - then where? I actually put it back to allowing for both and this particular problem is solved.

I still do not know why TOS is still not working. The form used to work before Membership installed - it just appears that the check in the checkbox is no longer being recognized. You said to clear the contents - I'm still confused with this instruction. I've cleared, deleted, reinstalled, reactivated and reinserted text - I get the same results.

When all is said and done, unless I can find someone to change the Membership plugin to put back the ability to have blogs created at signup - these corrections are a mute point for me. We are trying to build a multisite whereby our users are given the option to signup for preconfigured sites; additionally we will provide resources at the main site thus we thought Membership would be a good solution. Functionally, I still do not understand why this is possibly a difficult thing and why it was left out of membership. Why take functionality away? Again, unless, I just don't understand the constraints and issues associated with doing so. Please enlighten me on this? I could try to contract out for this - but what is really involved?

• qubedinc

Hi

I have same related problem

We installed wordpress with multisite enabled + buddypress

i need users can access main site buddypress functions forums, groups etc
    and paid user has the access to subsite/ blog with limited access with predefined template and 5 pages
    basic paid user dont have ability to access create pages and add more users. one or two themes and basic pluginsonly

advance paid subscription has all facilities unlimited pages and users and 10+ themes and 10+ plugin

I installed the membership plugin. created levels, subscriptions. every thing work fine user can create account on our site and can go to subscription by paypal

but problem is when user login to his account he can create subsite / blog but all rule i defined for basic level not applied and dashboard menus are not showing propely.

there is greate confusion between MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES things

do i need a global database so all user on same level have same menu on their blogs

and user with advance level have full menu.

• Barry

but problem is when user login to his account he can create subsite / blog but all rule i defined for basic level not applied and dashboard menus are not showing propely.
    there is greate confusion between MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES things

If you want the plugin to be running across *all* sites with the same rules and a single admin interface then you need to switch this on *before* you set up the plugin and activate it. If you only want the plugin on a single site, or run separate membership programs in separate sites then you shouldn't have this switched on.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.