Blog List Marketpress + Supporter. Can I customize the layout?

Hey guys-
Not sure if this is a marketpress, supporter, or network theme thing, but here goes:
on my "Shops" page (which I did not create, it was just there), it keeps a running list of "blog names".

First - Can I customize how many blogs are listed on this page? Can I rename this to "shops" instead of "Blogs"? Any chance this can be displayed in columns? rather than in one single column? Any chance to build a category list on this page? (I know...that was technically 5 questions)

Second - Many of these blogs listed have absolutely no product in them and no content. The people registered, but that's it. Any chance I can remove the Blog name from the list if there is no content? It kinda gives false hope to someone who thinks they might find product when these blogs are empty.

TIA bunches!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi tutuology,

These aren't provided by way of theme options and these alterations get a bit extensive but I'll see if I can simplify some of this.

First - Can I customize how many blogs are listed on this page?

That would be handled in the blogs-loop.php file I'll mention below.

Can I rename this to "shops" instead of "Blogs"?

If you're looking to change the actual 'Blogs' menu item, you'd have to do that from the following:
    library/components/buddypressbuddypress-navigation-topnav.php

Line 31 in that file is where the Blogs navigation item is rendered. If you're using a child theme (definitely advised) you could copy this file over to your child theme folder, though you'd want to make sure you keep the folder structure intact.

Also, there are 2 files in the /blogs/ folder:
    blogs-loop.php
    index.php

If you copy over the /blogs/ folder to your child theme folder, you could make adjustments to the 'blog' text in that file. It could get a tidbit extensive, but simple it's enough with a bit of trial and error.

Any chance this can be displayed in columns? rather than in one single column? Any chance to build a category list on this page? (I know...that was technically 5 questions)

Second - Many of these blogs listed have absolutely no product in them and no content. The people registered, but that's it. Any chance I can remove the Blog name from the list if there is no content? It kinda gives false hope to someone who thinks they might find product when these blogs are empty.

Unfortunately, these would be rather extensive edits that would require some custom work. I believe these customizations could all occur in the above mentioned files though, which may help in getting started.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Tutuology,

Any further developments here? Hopefully David's information was sufficient for ya and I'm gonna mark this one as resolved. If not, please feel free to re-open and let us know so we can continue providing support.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.