Blog posts in followers streams

Hello: We're building with WP 3.2.1 in Multi-Site mode and BP 1.2.10. (Right off the bat: please *do not* suggest that I upgrade; that's not gonna happen here any time soon... :slight_smile: In lieu of friends, we're using the BuddyPress Followers plugin ( http://buddypress.org/community/groups/buddypress-followers/ ).

Of course, when a user posts an update it ends up not just in his own stream but also all the streams of his followers - that's what the Followers pluing is supposed to do. However, I just noticed that if the same BP user posts to his *blog*, an excerpt of that blog post ends up in his BP user's stream... but NOT in the stream of his followers.

Does anyone know: Is this a limitation of the Followers plugin? (ergo, does the core Friends plugin act the same way?) Or is this because of a limitation in BP core? And more importantly: Does anyone know how/where I could change it so that *everything* that ends up in a user's stream also is posted to the streams of his followers? My thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on this --

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

conkhead,

It's hard to trouble shoot anything that is not running on the most recent versions, as we don't know if there may have already been a fix implemented.

I understand you not wanting to upgrade, it's your prerogative.

However, I just noticed that if the same BP user posts to his *blog*, an excerpt of that blog post ends up in his BP user's stream... but NOT in the stream of his followers.

how is the user posting his blog to the activity page? That may be the issue. How it's added and how buddypress reads activity, if these two don't work...

I did manage to find in the Group forum for that plugin a discussion about buddpress activity postings.
    http://buddypress.org/community/groups/buddypress-followers/forum/topic/following-own-activity/

Perhaps someone else who has experience with this plugin can chime in?

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.