Blog roll with content on page,

Hi.
I would like to have a blog roll with a few lines of content on a page. How is this possible?
Thanks in advance

• jeff_beyer
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi!

I'm not sure if there is a plugin that does this too, (or possibly a theme with a designated Widget) but it sound like a job for a custom Template page. Are you okay with working with code? If so you can create a custom blog roll page and add anything you want to it. Here is a section in the WordPress Codex where you can find out how to do that:

Adding Text to Category Pages

You would ideally want to do this in your sites Child Theme folder.

If you want to avoid any custom coding, I would search for some plugin that can add content to a WordPress archive or category page, as they are commonly referred to.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mette_frederiksen,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and the blog roll was dropped with the coming of WordPress 3.5 for good reason - it was just a list of links which can easily be created with a little html code ~or~ using a plugin like the Custom Link Widget plugin and many more to choose from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=links+widget

One of those are certain to do the job for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• mette_frederiksen

Hi again.

I have now installed several blogroll plugins. And i can't get any of them to work.
    I have installed the links panel, and "Widgets on Pages".
    I have tried to add the blogrolls to the sidebar and to a page by using "Widges on pages". Nighter way does the blogrolls work.
    The blogrolls i am trying to get to work is with RSS feeds.
    I have added 3 links to the links panel. It looks like the widgets does not connect to the link panel?
    Any idea about what I can be doing wrong?
    Thank you :slight_smile:

• jeff_beyer

Hi again,

Not quite sure what you are trying to accomplish. You mentioned RSS. Are you trying to format the way your sites blog content goes out to RSS feeds? When you say blogroll, are you referring to, for example, the latest 5 posts from your blog showing in a side-column widget on your site? The Links section does not necessarily have anything to do with your blog, you want to be focusing on the Posts section of your site, unless I'm confused :slight_smile:

• mette_frederiksen

Sorry. I have a hard time explaining it in english.
    I'll see if I can explain it a bit better.

I would like to make a blogroll with content from my favorite blogs (Not posts from my own blog).

So the RSS feeds is not from my blog, but from other peoples blogs.

I do not want it to be shown in the sidebar, so i have installed a plugin that makes it possible to show widgets on pages.

It seems that the "Widgets on Pages" plugin is working, because i can get it to show the widgets text in the page.

Please let me know if it is understandable what i am writing :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.