Blog Template Image Upload

Merry Christmas! I am a robot (aka entrepreneur), so I am still working on holidays.

Found a couple annoying issues with blog templates:

1. Love the feature of adding an image to the blog template...but...its not using the standard media uploader feature that wordpress provides...which will create problems...lets get that fixed for 2017.

As a result:
1. Other plugins can't be compatible...aka amazon s3 uploader
2. The delete routine...is not deleting the image! So when you remove a blog template...the image is still there, lost in space...yuk.

So to remedy the situation.....lets use the wordpress media uploader functionality...wordpress was kind enough to do all this wonderful work to make life easier on the programmer and make your plugins more compatible with other plugins that respect the "framework" so lets get this sucker respecting the framework...that way getting to use all the modern features of wordpress and less code to maintain....yayyyyy!

What do you think?

Merry christmas! Happy Chanukah

• Ben
    • The Reaper

Dimitris

I already moved that thread to Features & Feedback section

Don't forget...as it is right now, when you delete a blog template that had an image...the image doesn't get deleted...so there is a floating image in space stuck on your server....wasting away...being inefficient....

If its gonna be kept in its current state, the delete routine needs to remove the image.

Maybe my amazon s3 plugin is getting the way, I don't know, please check to see if the image is still stuck on your server:
    1. Create blog template
    2. add an image to that blog template
    3. inspect the image to find its path
    4. open that image path in a separate browser to view the image
    5. delete the blog template or reset the image.
    6. reload the browser window containing just the image...is it still there?

• Ben
    • The Reaper

Hey let me get some major points for that! If you have 300,000 customers...we are talking about years and years of wasted gigs of data...lets use the media manager from the wordpress framework in all the wpmudev plugs so this kind of doesn't happen..seeing it in this plugin, in the branding plugin, in the avatar plugin...we gotta get this stuff right.

And if the dev says..."network doesn't have media manager to send media too, so can't do it for branding of blog templates" then tell him to send it to Blog 1.

Easy peasy!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ben!

And if the dev says..."network doesn't have media manager to send media too, so can't do it for branding of blog templates" then tell him to send it to Blog 1.

I don't expect that they would say that, honestly :slight_smile: But thank you for pointing that out, it's a small detail but important one :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.