Blog templates / Avatar plugin. Site avatar on multisite does not work

I have users registering for their own site on a multisite setup, and they upload a photo/avatar through the registration form here:
http://******legacy.org/register/
And the user registration plugin does all the rest, their site is created, they choose their blog template etc.
However, I cannot figure out how to configure the meta field so that the photo they upload is used as their avatar/site avatar
I feel like the solution must be something simple like I just need a different meta key for the image/avatar field but I keep striking out :slight_frown:

• Dimitris

Hello there mmntm,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I'm not sure, if this could be possible, at least without having to rewrite large portion of our Avatars plugin. Either way, I've escalated this to our Second Level Support team, so they could have a look and provide some workaround here.
    Please keep in mind that they are constantly taking care of multiple members' sites, working from older to newer request, so their response times are a bit larger than ours here in first level of support. Your patience on this is highly appreciated!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• mmntm

The Gravity Forms User Registration add-on allows you to match fields in the form to fields in the user meta like contact info, profile photo, bio, etc. I'm not sure why it would call for anyone to "rewrite large portion of our Avatars plugin" ... I'm just wondering, how and where is the site avatar and user avatar saved, and is there any way to pass this data from a front-end form (completed by the user when she signs up for a new blog) and save it as the user/site avatar for the newly created blog?

• Dimitris

Hello there mmntm,

hope all is good for you today!

This is what I'm also talking about here :slight_smile: As there's no default site avatar meta, and even the user's avatar coming from our plugin is an additional field comparing to the default WP gravatar, this is mainly affected by the way that our plugin is built, as well as the integration that should be made between Gravity Forms User Registration add-on.
    Our Second Level Support team will be able to provide some feedback on this, hopefully this won't need much custom work to be done. :slight_smile:

Take care,
    Dimitris

• Ivan

Hi mmntm !

Unfortunately, there isn't a simple solution for that. It doesn't relate to a meta key because it's image. Also, Avatars plugin creates several images with different sizes in uploads/avatars/blog or uploads/avatars/user folder. You can try to use process function into {wordpress_folder}/wp-content/plugins/avatars/avatars.php file if you are comfortable with program codding.
    If you are looking to hire developer, you can check the Jobs & Pros section. However, please do note that members found in Jobs & Pros, are individuals, and doesn't have any affiliate with WPMU DEV.

Best,
    Ivan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.