Blog Templates not showing in "themes" in dashboard

I've installed Blog Templates, and it's working well when you create a new site in Pro Sites.

However - after you've created a site, and you go to "themes" in the dashboard of that new site, the theme that shows up is still the original theme (in this case the "spirit" theme).

Can I change the name and thumbnail of that theme to reflect the name I gave it in New Blog Templates?

And can I have my other templates in this area - the same ones that are available during the signup process (based on existing blogs)?

Or once you've chosen one - are you stuck with it?

• Tyler Postle

Hey again Tom,

Can I change the name and thumbnail of that theme to reflect the name I gave it in New Blog Templates?

The templates and themes are separate as the template refers to everything in the template site, not just the theme. With that said, you can use our Multisite theme manager to re-name/brand the themes as you wish https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multisite-theme-manager/

And can I have my other templates in this area - the same ones that are available during the signup process (based on existing blogs)?

Or once you've chosen one - are you stuck with it?

The template can only be applied during registration. So once the site is created then you can't change or add a template to it.

Hope that clears things up! If you still have questions, we're here to help.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Tom,

I'm a bit confused here, the way the templates work is that it will use the active theme on that site. I just viewed both your template sites and they both have Spirit active. Are they support to have a different active theme?

Granting support access may help as well, then I can see how you have it setup on the backend.

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tom

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for that. I've set up support access now.

The problem I am referring to in this thread is that when you go to the "themes" section in any of my sub-sites, it shows all available themes. The active theme is Spirit, but there are 2 inactive themes. For each of the inactive themes there is a button which says "live preview". If you click that, it takes you to the frontend of the site in upfront mode using the Spirit template - not what it should do at all (what it should do is show you how the site would look with the NEW template).

• easypeasyadmin

I've been pondering this all day, same issue here. I suspect the reason it takes you directly to the Upfront editor is because when you click on "live preview" you get the "yourdomain.com/?editmode=true" command which sends you directly to the editor. I'm pretty sure the editor doesn't currently allow you to save your content from one Upfront theme to the next. We are trying to find a workaround for this too, as our business depends on it and several field testers have chosen the Upfront editor above the others we have tested. The best case scenario would be a way to customize your blog template as superadmin and have the templates available in the theme section instead of just in the initial setup. I imagine this would then cause the potential issue of too many menus, links etc. Going to try a couple things today as a potential workaround and if I come up with a solution, I will surely post it here! Great that other minds are on the same subject as mine