Blog Templates Plugin Creating Weird Folder Structure

Looks like its working but it creates uploads/sites/2/2013/sites/2/2013/sites/2/2013/sites/2/2013/sites/2/2013/sites

Folder structure in uploads

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Seems ok for me on my install. my setup uses /blogs.dir/ though as I have an older installation of WordPress upgraded.

Do you have any screenshots to show me what you see, where you see it and what you mean?

Does this happen as you create a new site?

You’re not using the main/first site as the template?

I can then try to look at this closer and report to the developer if needed.

Thanks.

• overhaul
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I’ve got the plugin running now successfully but only after trying a lot. I installed a new version of the plugin and made multiple templates eliminating them one by one.

The one that causes it to fail is when I include “What To Copy To New Blog?” duplication of “files”

It runs quickly but when I view the media gallery my images are broken.

That being said I only have two images uploaded to the entire install, one is a small JPG and one a medium .PNG .

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Yes it happens when I create a new site with the very first site as a template.

The first site shouldn’t be used as a template for sub sites.

Please Note:

The site you’ve customized to use as a template is designed solely to be used as a template and not to be used a functioning site.

Any changes made to a template blog affect any sites created after you’ve made the new changes, it doesn’t affect sites already created.

DON’T use your main site as a tempate blog!

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/#usage

Looks like I dont have that issue anymore but I am having a Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded.

Increasing the PHP memory can help here.

You could edit your php.ini file or add your own (depending on setup):

memory_limit = 256M

httaccess:

php_value memory_limit 256M

If your PHP supports then you can edit your wp-config.php file and add the following line:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96MB');

You would change the memory in those to whatever it is you require.

If you are not sure how or have further issues then it would be best to ask your host to help you out with this one.

You could also extend the time permitted in PHP to run all the code and such. Basically the large the size of the site you’re using as a template the longer it will naturally take to process.

Broken images could be because it timed out before the process completed.

Hope this helps to process things quicker.

Let me know how you go.

Take care.

• overhaul
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

This was not helpful.

My memory limit is 512MB.

My max execution time is 120 (should be more then enough)

The site is NOT large – as I mentioned it only has two images loaded to the media library and THAT IS WHAT IS CAUSING the plugin to fail. I have less then 20 pages in the site which it can copy without issue until I check off to copy “files”

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I’m not sure how it wasn’t helpful because naturally if it’s timing out then it needs more time to run. More memory can help with speed also.

It’s logical and would naturally be where I’d personally look first if it were my site. As it’s not my site I can’t see what’s going there.

Just because it might not have resolved the actual issue just means it must be something else but these things can be a process of elimination to find the cause.

Can I see direct links to those image files please?

I’d like to see how large they are.

If it’s working without them then it would imply it could be them.

Works fine on my site. I might need to take a closer peek at this one to see what’s happening.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.