Blog Text Widget Stripping HTML Out

Traditionally I have been able to include HTML in text widgets, however WPMU is stripping HTML for autoresponder signup forms from text input boxes.

Is there a safe way to allow web forms in blogs?

Thanks,
Kirk

• Kirk Ward

Okay, problem solved ... I think. And the plugin may be one you want to consider offering in the free list if the author approves. I will be offering it as a premium plugin to Supporters.

The plugin is "Fast and Secure Contact Form" by Mike Challis.

It is very customizable and includes several forms of security, including a built in Captcha.

I have configured it to work on a Page (NOT a post) and in a text widget. To use it in a text widget however, it does require adding one line of code to your theme functions.php file that will allow the widget to use shortcodes.

I shoulda thunk of it before as I was using it on a regular WP site, but while searching I discovered that he had made it WPMU compatible.

• Aaron

The plugin is "Fast and Secure Contact Form" by Mike Challis.

Does it allow any html or code to be inserted in it's admin pages? Most plugins designed for WP don't filter input in admin pages through kses and are a security risk.

it does require adding one line of code to your theme functions.php file that will allow the widget to use shortcodes.

You should be able to add this to the plugin instead of theme.

• Kirk Ward

Does it allow any html or code to be inserted in it's admin pages? Most plugins designed for WP don't filter input in admin pages through kses and are a security risk.

No, but it does have input boxes for css mods to the layout to fit the requirements of your layout. Standard for four forms, so I leave form 1 as is and use it on a page, and adjust the width for the sidebar when prepping form 2. Haven't used #3 and #4 yet.

I use #1 for a contact form and #2 for an email subscription form. The subscription autoresponder has to allow email subscriptions because this is a contact form and does not allow me to use the "POST" form action.

You should be able to add this to the plugin instead of theme.

This is only required if your need is for using it in a widget. Not required if you include it on a page. I'm satisfied with that inconvenience.

Form code is stripped in standard WPMu along with the javascript, embed and object codes.

That's what caused my problem and sent me on my quest. Don't know coding, so if you take a look at its innards, do let me know what you see.

Doesn;t come up that often so I don't include it. Probably should

I've seen a couple of threads here and quite a few at WP org about folks wanting to do things that WPMU doesn't allow. I think as WPMU grows there will be more and more of a need for a contact form. My bloggers will be accountants (at least that's the plan) and their whole purpose in having a website is to get people to contact them, not blog about how they felt about the professortheir latest feelings or response when flunked their last exam.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.