Blog Types not showing in sign up

I did post in this older post a few days ago, but I think it may have been missed:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/blog-type-not-showing-up-in-signup

I included a screen shot there.

• AquaPebble
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@masonjames

I am a little confused over this whole compatibility thing.

Does it mean that if I have BuddyPress Installed, I can't use any of the WordPress plugins? I was under the impression that if they were a WordPress plugin that it would function on that part of the site and the BuddyPress ones in the BuddyPress part of the site.

For example I am using some plugins like Rebranded MU which works fine on the WordPress part of my site and it does not say compatible with BuddyPress.

However, the problem I had with moderation and this plugin is put down to possibly the fact that they are not BuddyPress compatible.

My understanding was that if it was only WordPress compatible it worked only on the WordPress part of the site and if it was BuddyPress compatible it meant it could be used as BuddyPress functionality or affected BuddyPress, as well.

• AquaPebble
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Today I noticed that if a user doesn't create a blog on sign up and later clicks the "Create a Blog" from the "My Blogs" menu on WP Admin bar at top the create blog page that they get has blog types field and the tag line field.

So it is just on the registration page these are not appearing. The plugin appears to be working in every other respect.

• Ulrich
    • The Crimson Coder

The BuddyPress "create blog page" uses the same functions and hooks as the WordPress "wp-signup.php", so the fields are added on that page.
    But the registration page does not use them. This is why the fields are not showing up on that page, because the plugin is not compatible with BuddyPress.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.