Blogging in Buddypress

What plugin do I use in Buddypress that will allow the users to blog and choose the catagories for their blogs; plus, how to allow guest bloggers as well?
Blessings,
Wendy Twine

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Buddypress is a social network plugin not a blogging plugin. For groups though you might consider:

http://buddydev.com/buddypress/blog-categories-for-groups-plugin/

But this plugin hasn't been updated in nearly a year looking at that page.

If you gave a contributor, a Contributor role they could be a guest blogger, everything is admin approval on posting from a contributor account.

Not sure if there are other plugins to make buddypress (a blogging platform plugin) also a blog on its own for users.

• wtwine
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

What about using the pay to blog plugin but have it connected some how with the membership plugin? This way one of the levels in the membership plugin will allow them to blog by using the pay to blog plugin by inserting like a coupon code or something? I do not have coding abilities. It needs to be very user friendly.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya wtwine,

What about using the pay to blog plugin but have it connected some how with the membership plugin?

Actually, the ability to create a blog or not is already built in as a rule available in the Membership 'Levels' area. You don't need pay-to-blog - it does the same thing.

Note: If you're talking pay to "post" rather than creating an entire blog, then that is a different thing entirely which membership doesn't (at this point) handle.

Gravity Forms is a premium plugin (not ours) that allows for some interesting things like guest posts and may be something else to consider. You could setup the gravity forms page to be available only to those with a certain membership level for posting.

Hope this helps!

• tuckspop
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I too would like to have a way for my members to post pictures and videos on the blog page. I have a group that is remembering South Austin, Texas. We have a facebook group with over 1300 pictures. Would like to duplicate the facebook experience here, but not be at the whims of facebook.

I also have a fan page with the same name.

My question is how can I accomplish this. I like buddypress and could have groups and forums, but you can't post pictures there.

I don't have many people that want to blog on their own, so I don't think multi site is right. I am new here so, I could be wrong.

Mike Carlson

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

@Wendy - the membership plugin has a sub-module for Gravity Forms to respect it's shortcodes. We will help provide support with any membership-related issues and I'm sure Gravity Forms will support ya with any issue you have with their plugin

Mike, you can assign a WordPress role to a Membership Level. So, for example, you can make a certain level role as 'authors' so that they can actually create posts, where as another level may only be 'subscriber' so they can only read posts.

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.