Blogging pages – Format Bottom Section

If you login to my website at http://blog.christiangays.com/ and go to My Stuff -> My Blog -> Create New Post there is a form from Frontier Post, much like a forums form.

Is it possible to

1. change Categories (but only on this page) to Author

2. remove the word Actions

3. remove the scroll bar beside categories selection.

See screenshot.

Thank you again!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mary,

I’m terribly sorry for the delay on my end! Yes, you can send those credentials or you can enable support access and leave credentials in message for support.

To send use our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ :

– Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska

– Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.

– Link back to this thread

– Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password) – in case support access is not enabled

– Credentials for the author account

– Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select “I have a different question” for your topic, so it doesn’t go back to the forums – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm that you send those here in thread

kind regards,

Kasia

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hello Mary,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

1. change Categories (but only on this page) to Author

Please add the following code in your child themes functions.php file:

add_filter( 'body_class', function ( array $classes ) {

global $current_user;

if( in_array( 'author', $current_user->roles ) ) {
    $classes[] = 'author-edit';

}

return $classes;
    });

Once done, please add the following jQuery in your themes functions.php file, so that the text changes into Authors, only for the specific pages viewed by author:

add_action( 'wp_footer', 'change_location_text' );
    function change_location_text() {
    ?>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function() {
    jQuery( '.author-edit .frontier_post_legend_tax' ).text( 'Authors' );
    });
    </script>
    <?php
    }

2. remove the word Actions

Since the mentioned word Actions, doesn’t have an unique class/ID, it’s pretty tough to make that work, please add the following CSS, and check whether it works fine:

#frontier_post > table > tbody > tr:nth-child(4) > td > fieldset > legend {
    display: none;
    }

3. remove the scroll bar beside categories selection.

Please add the following CSS to remove the scroll bar beside category:

.frontier_post_fieldset_tax.frontier_post_fieldset_tax_category {
    overflow-y: hidden !important;
    }

You can add the above CSS code, using Custom CSS box(if your theme offers), or either using a Child theme, or a plugin like Simple Custom CSS.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

I added the first section of code to functions.php and nothing changed, but when I added the second section of code (starting with add_action( ‘wp_footer’, ‘change_location_text’ ); ) it broke the website.

Are you sure they should both be in child theme functions.php?

#2 and #3 worked perfectly.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Mary,

I added the first section of code to functions.php and nothing changed, but when I added the second section of code (starting with add_action( ‘wp_footer’, ‘change_location_text’ ); ) it broke the website.

Sorry about that, there was a typo that was causing this, I have corrected the above code, and I have added the code in your child themes functions.php, and now it works fine.

Please test, and let me know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.