Blogs cannot edit Nelo theme via the custom frontpage or theme options

Hi,

I am working on a new install of WP MU, I upgraded the install to WP v3 last night. I've just installed the Nelo theme. When logged in as the MU super admin I can see all the Nelo theme edit options, custom frontpage and theme options under the Appearance menu. However if I create a user blog and sign in as the user blog admin, select the Nelo theme, I cannot see either of the Nelo theme edit options, neither the custom frontpage or theme options menu items. Also, clicking on any of the front page edit links on the user blog front page brings me to the blog's admin dashboard via the URL http://blog-url/wp-admin/?c=1

Here's what I currently have in mu-plugins

admin-footer-text.php
domain-mapping.php
remove-permalinks-menu-item.php
admin-help-content.php index.php
remove-wp-dashboard-widgets.php
login-image.php
update-notifications.php
widget-avatar.php
remove-browse-happy.php

I can't locate any errors in my site's error log but in my access log I do see a /wp-admin/themes.php?page=custom-homepage.php HTTP/1.1" 302 - which I think is a redirect.

Anybody any ideas as to why Nelo won't work?
Should I scrap the upgrade and start with a full fresh install of WP 3?

Many thanks,
Steve

• wave
    • Flash Drive

OK, this is happening on multiple themes. I just installed Dixi and I am having the same issues, that is, blogs administrators cannot see the theme options under the Appearance menu, these options only available to the super admin. As I'm new to WP MU I'm sure I missed a configuration parameter somewhere, to allow blog admins access to Theme Appearance options?

Anybody got a suggestion or any experience on such a issue?

Thanks,
    Steve

• wave
    • Flash Drive

Am I flogging a dead horse here? Are the Dixi and Nelo et la themes for a sites master admin only? Can user sites (blogs) use these themes and customize the theme content from their front page and dashboards, just like the super admin?

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

I'm having the exact same problem I just joined this wpmuDEV site and not liking what I'm seeing your message is sitting here unanswered for 6 days [Posted in 23rd June 2010 (6 days ago) ]

Did you find a work around,or fix?
    This is the reason I joined having the same problem with this on themes I got off of free template sites that says updated for wp 3.0

DEVS please help I need to get this fixed.
    Also custom menus with the 133 pack
    I'm going to start a new post so they can work on you problem and mine separately in case they are separate issues.
    Mitch

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi guys
    we are sorting the issue

it had something to do with site admin vs super admin...when logging in as super admin..all the options are available in themes including sub blog....but the options did not showed when logging as site admin.

still unconfirmed if its wordpress core issue or themes issue.

will update this thread asap.

cheers

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

I'm in the process of going through all the themes.
    So far did the first 60 themes
    the following so far have an issue working in add on blogs (no Options)
    Andreas09
    AutoFocus
    Borderline Chaos
    Color Paper
    CommentPress
    Day Dream
    EDITED FOUND MORE:
    Garland
    Gridlock
    jQ
    K2
    Kubrick
    LetoPrime
    Magazeen
    MistyLook
    Monotone
    Ocean Mist
    OceanWide

BE BACK

the following have options and work in add on blogs
    Arclite
    Cutline
    Fusion

I think it is the themes due to had this problem with twenty ten weaver and I worked with the author to fix it and he had to add a check for multi site to get it to work. But then again I can be wrong
    thank you for looking into this

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

Here is the complete list of the ones that didn't work
    Sown options menu in Super Admin and add on Blog Didn't show
    I know you are work on fixing but just in case you don't have a full list.

Andreas09
    AutoFocus
    Borderline Chaos
    Color Paper
    CommentPress
    Day Dream
    Garland
    Gridlock
    jQ
    K2
    Kubrick
    LetoPrime
    Magazeen
    MistyLook
    Monotone
    Ocean Mist
    OceanWide
    Regulus
    Retweet
    RoundFlow
    Simplr
    Smells like Facebook
    StripedPlus
    Technical Speech
    TerraFirma
    veryplaintxt

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

@arron
    yeap..that's should do it:slight_smile:

@n2rga
    thx for the list:slight_smile:
    the new wp 3.0 nav system also on the list..

the borderline chaos did not have theme options...
    the autofocus changes needed should be in includes/theme-options.php

cheers

• Peter Fletcher
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Aaron, I'm going to wait. Here's why.

I replaced those strings as suggested on the Constructor theme. Here's what happened.

* The customisation options displayed as expected
    * "edit_theme_options" displays at the very top of the Customize Theme page.
    * Clicking on one of their default theme layouts (there's five to choose from) produced an "edit_theme_options
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/realesta/public_html/wp-content/themes/constructor/libs/Constructor/Admin.php:1) in /home/realesta/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 890" message.
    * More importantly, and as I understand it, users have access to the CSS (that's one of the options on that theme). That could get awfully messy when the theme is being used by a number of people.

I understand that these problems are theme specific and Constructor is a theme that's not supported by WPMU but I thought I'd share what I know in the hope that it might be useful.

:slight_smile:

• jkrouskoff
    • New Recruit

There are three comment press themes in the Farmer Pack. I can't get any of them to work properly on the latest version of WP3 It generates hundreds of pages, that are visible on the backend, but not on the blog. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and tried all three versions that were included. Suggestions? I thought these were rock solid, so I rolled them out to teachers.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

What are the Pages (Assujing that you actual mean Pages as in Wordpress Pages) like? Are they all one subject and/or title? I don;t recall the theme doing that in the past.

edit: I'm wondering if maybe you;re seeing drafts or (oh heck, what do you call them. I;m drawing a blank.)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.