Blogs created with the New Template blog is not listed in Blogs Widget

Any blog created with the new blog template plugin is not listed in the blogs widget. I guess it is a Blogs widget plugin’s bug and not a New Template blog plugin’s bug. Anyway, please have a look.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi again!

How much time are you giving between creation and checking?

Have you cleared your cache and tried?

Can you try removing then re-adding the widget?

Do you have the Blog Directory plugin installed to create the directory page? This is not required, I’m only wondering if is showing up there if you have it.

Just checking to make sure it’s not a display issue before we tag it a bug. :slight_smile:

• HARALAMBOS
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi, I understand that you as a first-level support have to filter out some of our tickets, but in my case I have already done this for you!

There is no cache issue, I have tried from another computer and yes the blog directory page displayes everything correctly.

• HARALAMBOS

Hi KimberlyL,

I have this new finding. It seems that the site was not Public, that is why it wasn’t displayed in the Blogs widget! The thing now is why this new blog was created as not Public since the template was Public? The blog was registered by the user in the front end of WordPress.

• HARALAMBOS

Giving you some extra info, the following are the plugins that I am using, there are all WPMU plugins.

Whenever I create a new blog from network admin area, everything is OK, the blog is created as Public, according the template blog. If a new blog is registered by the user in front end, the blog is created according the template but not as Public. That is why it is not dislpayed in Blogs widget. Where is the fault?

Admin Footer Text

Admin Help Content

Admin Message

Blogs Directory

Blogs Widget

Custom Admin Bar

Custom Content Dashboard Widget

Domain Mapping plugin

Google Analytics

Google Maps

Infinite SEO

Invite

Login Image

MarketPress

Members Directory

MU Support System

New Blog Templates

Pro Sites

Rebranded Meta Widget

Remove Email Verification

Remove WP Dashboard Widgets

Set Password on WordPress Multisite Blog Creation

Signup TOS

• HARALAMBOS

OK, I think you have to refund me for being a debbuging partner!!!

I deactivated and activated one by one all plugins. The one that is causing this issue is the Set Password plugin. When activated, all created blogs lack of Public attribute, even though template blog is Public.

Can you please fix this? do you want me to report it to Set Password ticket area, or are you going to inform the developer?

Haralambos

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Haralambos,

but in my case I have already done this for you!

How am I to know this? You didn’t state so. You would be suprised to know how many don’t even know that clearing their cache would make a difference. You seem very competent to me, however many folks who use these plugins are smart enough, just not well versed in troubleshooting. I myself am still learning and I’d rather err on the side of “over-supporting” than leave someone stuck who does not know of these “best practices”

OK, I think you have to refund me for being a debbuging partner!!!

Hmm afraid that is not an option for me, however I will send some points your way for being so diligent!

Can you please fix this? do you want me to report it to Set Password ticket area, or are you going to inform the developer?

I will inform the developer immediately.

Thanks!

• HARALAMBOS

I am not a programmer, I just test thoroughly the plugins that I have paid for! And I am using a lot of them as you see. My little complain is that first line support does not easily go under testing the issues that we report.

Is there any plugin to disable the need for setting an email account during blog registration? I see it supported by edublogs.org that is why I am asking.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Trying to recreate a setup to test is usually a waste of time as we do not know what you are running and what your factors are, and we don’t want to waste your time.

The developer here is very familiar with edublogs so he will be able to help answer that.

• HARALAMBOS

Hi, S H Mohanjith,

I believe that there was a misunderstanding. If you read my previous posts you will see that I discovered that the problem is caused by the Set Password plugin. When activated, all created blogs lack of Public attribute, even though template blog is Public.

I asked KimberyL if she wanted me to report it to the Set Password ticket area, but she said she will inform the developer. You, I guess. Or no?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.