Blogs Directory conflicts with Scholar Theme

Blogs Directory plugin messes up the header of Scholar. Here is an image while on Home and another image on the Blogs page. Notice "Blogs" drops down into the section below the page menus and distorts the header subtitle.

Ed

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Ed,

There is a small bug with the Blogs Directory plugin and some of our BuddyPress themes (when BuddyPress is not enabled). It's very specific to a setup and you happen to have landed on it ;D

We're working on a fix, but in the meantime a workaround is to comment out lines 203-204 in the plugin file. We'll get a fix out for this and then you can upgrade without fear of overwriting these changes.

Thanks!

• exberry
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks, Mason,
    I did the edit but then ran into another problem. Since I already had created a Blogs page and then deleted it because of the problem reported here, now the new Blogs page refuses to allow the slug "blogs" ... it forces the slug to become "blogs-2" and this does not work with Blogs Directory.

Since there are a jillion places in the php where "blogs_directory" is mentioned, I figured I better see what ideas you have before I go any further.

Ed

• exberry
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Mason,

Everything you suggested worked. However, there a still some bugs in the plugin. I am going to drop this thread at this point because I have a higher priority in getting Membership working.

When someone looks at fixing blogs-directory, I suggest testing it with Scholar and with more than ten blogs. More than ten blogs seems to cause a problem that does not exist with less than ten blogs.

You may close this if you wish.

Thanks,

Ed

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.