Blogs Directory not working

Hi,
I've downloaded the Blogs Directory plugin and installed it on an up-to-date WordPress MU, and the result is not what I expected. My web server, nginx on CentOS, cannot find the requested resource.

This is one of the logs:
2012/09/28 11:18:45 [error] 16015#0: *4773 "/var/www/blog/blogs/index.php" is not found (2: No such file or directory), client: 172.18.12.5, server: geckos.sis.org.cn, request: "GET /blogs/ HTTP/1.1", host: "geckos.sis.org.cn", referrer: "http://geckos.sis.org.cn/"

Some help would be greatly appreciated.
Yves

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Your error is saying there is no file or directory. Could also be permissions, you should check that.

I've downloaded the Blogs Directory plugin and installed it on an up-to-date WordPress MU, and the result is not what I expected.

I'm not sure what you're seeing, can we have a direct link, perhaps some screenshots of what's happening or isn't happening?

Thanks.

• SISWordPress
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Actually it's not. When I "inherited" the blog network, it was set up on a Windows Server, a way behind in terms of updates. At the time, the giles were under blog/blogs. I decided to move it to a CentOS server, and to change the path to just blog. It's been working for a year or so. Then two month ago, after our server had been subject to a hack and turned into a spam relay, I had to move from Apache to nginx. And from that moment on, the plugin didn't work anymore.

The current hierarchy is:
    /var/www/blog/
    /var/www/blog/wp-includes/
    /var/www/blog/wp-admin/
    /var/www/blog/wp-content/
    /var/www/blog/wp-content/blogs.dir/
    /var/www/blog/wp-content/plugins/

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers
    PC

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.