Blogs MU change colour of sub intro text

Hi

Please could you tell me how I change the colour of the sub intro text in Blogs MU.

I can't seem to find the option.

Thanks

Stef

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Stefanie,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Yet there isn't any theme option to change the colour of the sub intro text in Blogs MU but you can change it by adding following css in style.css file of Blogs MU theme or Blogs MU child theme.

#header-name-alt,
    #content-top-content .one-community {
    color: #000083;
    }

#header-name-alt a,
    #content-top-content .one-community a {
    color: #f0f0f0;
    }

#header-name-alt span,
    #content-top-content .one-community span {
    color: #f6f6f6;
    }

Best Regards,

• Stefanie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Vinod & Zyniker

Thanks for the quick responses,

Zyniker;

Please refer to http://testbase.bundo.me you will see that the sub intro text is indeed black on the home page but if you navigate to appointments, the sub intro moves upwards and becomes white which you can no longer read due to the background colour.

Vinod;

I will try this and see if it changes.

Thanks

Stef

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

On a related note, I would highly recommend getting Firebug (or using the native tools in Firefox and Chrome) to analyze the CSS and other code of your pages. These developer tools will allow you to make changes to the CSS of a page for testing purposes without having to push it to the live site (or use a staging area).

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

Looks like that particular text is #header-name-alt, so you can change it to black with the following CSS:

#header-name-alt {
    	color: #000000;
    }

If that does not work, add !important after the colour (i.e., #000000).

As Vinod mentioned, you can accomplish these changes by adding the CSS to the bottom of style.css; however, I would actually recommend that you use either a plugin (e.g., Jetpack) which allows you to inject custom CSS or add a custom CSS file to your page via a <link > item in your header.

Personally, I pattern my custom CSS files (which I create for virtually every site I manage/design/et cetera) in the following way:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/wp-content/css/sitename-com.css" type="text/css">

Just substitute your domain and TLD where "sitename-com" is. As you can see, the file is then placed into a "css" folder under /wp-content/. Essentially, this is just a way to keep your edits organized and separate from the theme files (and to preserve them through updates without having to use a child theme if not necessary).

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

I just noticed that there is a span under that <div> which you will likely want to change to black as well. This can be accomplished separately with the following code:

#header-name-alt > span {
    	color: #000000;
    }

or by adding "#header-name-alt > span" to the earlier code (just after #header-name-alt" and separated from it by a comma).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.