Blogs MU: Confussion with child theme css.

I am trying to change the color of the comment box of the Blogs MU theme to black. I know the following css code is where to make the change.

/blogs-mu/_inc/css/child-style.css

#comment-form {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #19252F;
border: 1px solid #17222B;
float: left;
margin: 0 0 20px;
padding: 3%;
width: 94%;
}

The question is which file on the child theme am I suppose to put this in? And how should it be entered?

Also, where would I go to change the text color? And which child theme should it be entered in?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Greetings @rillc

Thank you for posting to the forum and being part of our Community!

Please allow me to check exactly where you can make these changes. I will revert back to you at the earliest.

In the meantime, if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to post that here as well. I will endeavor to answer all your questions, if possible :slight_smile:

Have a good day and talk soon.

GinaB

Hope my response is helpful. Appreciate a thumbs up if it is. If it's not, please let me know how I can serve you better.

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello rillc,
    Sorry for the delay. I just saw your post.

I can understand your confusion. So let me explain to you how things work.
    Inside the child theme you will find two .css files . One of them is in the "root" directory and the other one is in the _inc folder.
    In order to apply the changes you want, you have to first rename the file included in the _inc folder from child-style-sample.css to child-style.css and then edit it to your liking.

The reason you get confused is because when you try to edit the style sheet that you see when you click on edit on the themes panel, what comes up as the Stylesheet is the style.css of the "root" folder.
    Now, if you want to personalize the Theme Name, Theme URI, Description, Author, etc. this is the file that you have to put those information into.
    So, as you understand, there are two different files that you can edit depending on what it is that you want to achieve.

So, to summarize:
    For the css changes to take effect, you have to edit the renamed css file in the _inc folder.
    For the information about the theme, you have to edit the css file in the "root" folder.

I hope this helps you clear the confusion. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time,
    marikamitsos

P.S. Should you find the above satisfactory, please mark the topic as resolved. Thanks again

• rillc
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

OK..Sorry...I had to reopen this thread. I have come across another issue regarding the stylesheets.

This time I want to modify the color styles located at the VERY bottom (below the footer). This file is located in blogs-mu/_inc/css/bp-css.css. Where in the child theme would I want to make changes that would affect this particular area?

• rillc
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@marikamitsos yes, I know about the png image. I have already addressed that issue, I am talking about changes to the text and link colors for that area. This is the area that list the copyright information and so forth.

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

What you should add to your child-style.css is:

#bottom-content
    .bottom-content-inner {
    color: #5D310A;
    }
    .bottom-content-inner a {
    color: #FB6422;
    text-decoration: none;
    border-bottom: 1px dotted #8D4B0F;
    }

Please DO disregard the colors as they are there just for reference.

I guess this is what you refer to.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@marikamitsos
    I will give all my cookies to you today, LOL. Thank you for yet another solution. Man, you are super quick. I am out answering other threads and when I have a chance to check responses you've already covered those. Good work, really!

Some more cookies coming your way :slight_smile:

GinaB

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@rillc

Hope you got sorted :slight_smile: @marikamitsos is super quick with the answers today.

Let us know if there is anything else, otherwise I will leave it to you to close this thread with a smile. (That's how we would like all our members to close their threads :grinning:

Have a good day and all the best to you.

GinaB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.