Blogs MU Forum Coding

When I access the forum for a related group the top header is a little screwy. I have attached a screen shot to show what I mean.

Is this coming with the coding of the site?

• aecnu

Greetings creativ3group,

Sorry for the delay in my reply here, it seems this ticket got eaten by the ticket system and while I was in the back here rummaging around I came across it again.

Tonight when I revisited this ticket I did a different procedure blowing up your attached graphic in Photoshop CS5 trying to figure out what was going on here - I could barely see it in the regular graphic rendering of the site.

A little overlap is an understatement I would say and if I am not mistaken you also have Buddy Press installed?

I use this very theme myself and cannot find anything that looks even remotely like this but it is on a MultiSite.

Also could you please give me a URL to look at so that we may examine the source code of the page for clues as to a possible fix?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Tyler,

I have logged in and have seen this first hand and though I predict it will be a bear to find the right place to put it, I personally would dig into the code looking for the super imposing live and give it the </br> or if that did not have the desired effect possibly use <p> before and then </p> after to see if the desired effect will happen. CSS change may be an option but in my opinion not as simple to implement as straight coding would be.

This is in my opinion a Buddy Press Forum menu system malfunction/issue and I am wondering if somebody has addressed this issue on their forum?

A quick Google search reveals many folks are having this very issue.

I am not sure or not if this will help regarding the menu bar, but another possible easy solution could be to go to --> add HTML/CSS Inserts and then put in the CSS Insert:

/**
    * Fix the page menu bar bug for submenu width
    * Reset margin for 2nd+ level items */
    div#menu1 ul.rMenu li li {
    margin-right: 0;
    width: 180px;
    }

Please advise if any of these proposed solutions fix this up for us.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Tyler,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.