Blogs MU Join button problem and other questions

I have the latest version of BlogMu and Buddy press and WP installed. I disabled the regular registration for WP users in the wp settings. I was wondering why when you click on join that nothing happens. The page just refreshes. /register goes no where but back to home page.

2. I also setup the membership plugin and was hoping it could create a /register page and add the [subscription] tag so that when a user clicks join they are prompted to viewing the page that I created but this doesn't work. am I doing something wrong here or missed something?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Anthony,

Are you running the membership plugin then I assume? I noticed you mentioned blogs MU but wanted be sure.

The membership plugin has quite a lot of options to setup and get going before it'll work. If you haven't already, I'd recommend going through the install/usage instructions and a few tutorials to get your barrings here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/installation/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/drip-feed-your-content-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/

Let us know if we can assist further.

Thanks!

• Anthony
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I tried setting it up w/o the membership plugin first and couldn't get the register link to work. Your installation instruction mentions nothing about getting the "Join Us" button to work correctly. Please advise on what I can do to make this work.

2. I believe I've setup the membership page correctly, I just don't know why the link (Join us) doesn't work properly.

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi anthony
    did you mean the green 'join our communiy' button?
    did you try enable the 'register new' for normal wordpress and see if its work but
    without the 'membership' plugin activated first.

the buddypress register link to site.com/register should be working by default.
    if you have a live link, post it here ok

cheers

• Anthony
    • The Incredible Code Injector

yes i'm referring to the "join our community" button.

I disabled the membership plugin and re-enabled anyone can register under the wp general settings. I can't figure out why the membership plugin is not enabled. (also made sure to enable the membership plugin in the settings of the plugin itself)

I checked my settings in membership plugin and couldn't find anything that would result in the page refresh and nothing occurring when membership plugin was enabled.

As far as the buddypress register link, where is this configured?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Andrew,

Just as a follow up, do you have the membership plugin set to use the /register/ slug? This is also used by buddypress and has been known to cause conflicts.

If you're using the membership plugin - I'd advise creating a new page (such as /sign-up/ or similar) and then add the [subscriptionform] to it. See if that will clear up any conflict there.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Anthony,

As Mason was getting at, if you could take a look at the registration page setup for Membership, you should see that besides the option to select a page for registration, there's also a shortcode that would have to be included in that page. With that setup you'll want to be sure to point your registration links to that page, which ultimately would be a bit of customization of the theme file in question, I believe.

We'll be happy to walk through that process of getting it working with this theme with you though. We'd just like to make sure you've got that registration page setup to start with.

Thanks,
    David

• dyrect
    • Flash Drive

I have the same issue. I have the registration page set up with the right shortcode. But when someone clicks on sign up on the buddypress admin bar or the "join our community now" button in blogs mu theme, it takes them to the non membership sign up page. What theme file would I have to edit and where to get those links to go to the membership sign up page?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.