Blogs MU Update Changes Home Page???

With the recent Blogs MU Theme updates, it has caused my Home Page to change for visitors who are logged in versus logged out. See attached jpgs.

Notice the Navigation Bar is different which makes it confusing for my visitors.

Here is the URL for a closer look: http://neighborhoodunited.org

Don’t know why it did this…I didn’t make any changes.

Please help.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi

remember to update your child theme template if using one.

the latest buddypress core now use pages for the bp component like activity, members..etc

so the navigation.php will not be used anymore.

seeing there’s a ‘community’ in logged out nav so you might need to update your

header.php..

cheers

• jwchameleoncorp
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Richie,

Thanks for the response. I wish I knew how to do all that stuff, but I know nothing about programming. I wish I did.

So does that mean I can’t fix the issue unless Iearn how to program or hire a programmer?

Is there any alternative to fixing it (setting, menus, updates, etc.)?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya Jeff,

That would appear to be the case, yes. A lot changed in BuddyPress 1.5 which unfortunately means the theme has to do things differently and hence has a knock-on effect with child themes.

Richie mentioned header.php – you should be able to easily compare your child header.php to the parent header.php using DIffMerge. That’ll highlight differences so you can simply copy/paste the new bits in order to update your child.

Thanks,

Phil

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.