Blogs MU Upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2.1 - Simple How to Question?

Ok I really tried to find an answer in the support forums here, but the search function is not really good IMHO, I assume all is arranged by tags only?

Anyhow....

Can someone please point me to a post where it was explained how to manually uprade from an older theme to a newer theme? Also I'd be interested in knowing how it's being done for Plug-ins so I don't come back asking in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

Right now I am trying to upgrade from version 1.0 to version 1.2.1 of blogs MU theme..

I am running a WP Multisite install..

Thanks for taking the time to answer...

Cheers!

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Ok I really tried to find an answer in the support forums here, but the search function is not really good IMHO, I assume all is arranged by tags only?

bbpress' search royally sucks. You get used to it. :slight_smile:

9 times out of 10, I drop site:premium.wpmudev.org/forums into google with what I;m looking for.

Gotta admit that after testing the theme on an offsite testbed, I;d just replace the theme files in the same directory. Not sure how other folks do it but that's how I do it.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

The route you should go with all themes to make sure no issues:

1. Download new theme version
    2. Deactivate all plugins
    3. Deactivate the theme
    4. Delete the theme folders - both if doing also for child or keep child if not doing child and in child change version number
    5. Copy new theme folders into wp-content/themes
    6. Activate theme again
    7. Activate plugins

*Same process for plugins just do not do the theme parts :slight_smile:

May seem long winded but safe not sorry is always best.

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi
    follow tammie's step should be ok
    but if you made any customization to the previous theme version..be sure to back up them first
    so you can refer to the edits later on

recommeded a full upgrade by deleting the entire blogs-mu and blogs-mu child and replace new version.
    since lots changes in template...only if you only have minimal customize in previous version.

cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.