Blogs MU Upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2.1 - Simple How to Question?

Ok I really tried to find an answer in the support forums here, but the search function is not really good IMHO, I assume all is arranged by tags only?

Anyhow....

Can someone please point me to a post where it was explained how to manually uprade from an older theme to a newer theme? Also I'd be interested in knowing how it's being done for Plug-ins so I don't come back asking in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

Right now I am trying to upgrade from version 1.0 to version 1.2.1 of blogs MU theme..

I am running a WP Multisite install..

Thanks for taking the time to answer...

Cheers!

• drmike

Ok I really tried to find an answer in the support forums here, but the search function is not really good IMHO, I assume all is arranged by tags only?

bbpress' search royally sucks. You get used to it. :slight_smile:

9 times out of 10, I drop site:premium.wpmudev.org/forums into google with what I;m looking for.

Gotta admit that after testing the theme on an offsite testbed, I;d just replace the theme files in the same directory. Not sure how other folks do it but that's how I do it.

• Tammie

The route you should go with all themes to make sure no issues:

1. Download new theme version
    2. Deactivate all plugins
    3. Deactivate the theme
    4. Delete the theme folders - both if doing also for child or keep child if not doing child and in child change version number
    5. Copy new theme folders into wp-content/themes
    6. Activate theme again
    7. Activate plugins

*Same process for plugins just do not do the theme parts :slight_smile:

May seem long winded but safe not sorry is always best.