Blogs not showing up...

Hi,

I'm using WP/BP with the Social Theme. I have made the homepage static and added a page called Blog. I've then gone into Settings/Reading and changed: "Front Page Displays" to the second radio button for static then set "Front Page" to the Home page i created and "Posts Page" to the "Blog page i created.

While that part is working fine. The blog posts aren't showing up on the Blog page. It has the Add a widget to the Left whatever.. So as a temporary thing I've added the "Recent Posts" widget to it but it's just a list of titles and not what I want.

Can someone suggest how to get the traditional WP posts on my Blog Page?

Thank you...

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

I'm getting a similar experience in my tests except I can see a single blog post on the blog page.

It appears as though the theme's single.php template is being used. Let me ask the developer about this as I'm sure the behaviour should be different...

Phil

• in-mn
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi,

I checked and it was not set to "Blog and News". However, once I changed it to that template and Updated it still didn't fix the issue. One interesting note, is that if I hit the "Preview" button, it shows the page correctly in the preview. But once I click on the Blog link again, it's the page that lists "Home Left Widget ... Please log in and add widgets to this column. Add Widgets"

I loaded the site into the browser of a different computer and the results are the same.

What suggestion do you have at this point?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Steve

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!
    Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

p.s. I've also tagged Richie here in case you do reopen this, as they'll definitely be able to help you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.