blogs.mu

Ok, now I am trying to put the slideshow in the center of homepage and how to slow that down? Also, I want to know how to put Terms and privacy policies, etc on my page with just a link to the page and not show the page unless they click a link. Lastly, below the footer there's a copyright spot that I would like to change but don't know how to do so.

Thanks,

Marketa

• Brian Purkiss

There isn't a setting to change the slider animation, you will need to do so via editing a Javascript file. Before I show you where/what, I must point out that unless you set up a child theme you won't be able to update the theme without making this change again.

To change the slider's speed open: "/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/_inc/js/jquery.nivo.slider.js"
    On line 438 is the variable "animSpeed" which should be set to 500. Change the number to change the slider speed.

It looks like there isn't an option to change the copyright text. You'll need to edit that in your theme's footer.php file.

Could you be a little more specific with what you want to do with the Terms and Privacy Policies? Which page do you want to link from? All you'll need to do is create a Terms page and a Privacy Policy page. Then on the page you're wishing to link to add the link through the page editor, a widget, or editing the theme. It all depends on where you want to place those links.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!

• km2830

I hope I can explain this, as I am a newbie, but as far as privacy policy, etc. I want it to look just like wpmudev.org has theirs...(see attachment). When I create a page it shows up as a page to click, I want it hidden until they can click the link e.g. like attached screenshot.

also, I'm not sure how to edit the copyright, or rather where to put the code in the footer.php file. I understand html somewhat but I just don't know where it goes exactly without messing up the whole html code.

• Brian Purkiss

I'm really sorry but you're beginning to describe full up theming which is a little beyond the scope of support we offer here.

We have to draw a line between what is "support" and what is "custom". Think of support as helping you implement our product in any of the ways it's meant to "out of the box". Custom work would be anything additional that the plugin doesn't do by default.

I really wish I could help you out with this, but it's beyond the scope.

So, if we can support you in using this theme on your site as it's currently built, we're more than happy to do so, but if you need a custom plugin or modifications we don't have the manpower to assist on that. If you are willing to pay someone to develop this, you should take a look at the WPMU Job Board or Tweaky. It is a fairly simple addition, so it wouldn't cost much at all on either of those two places.

Sorry that I could not be of further assistance. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!

• km2830

Thank you for your help but I figured it out. What I am doing is creating a subdomain for my terms, privacy, etc. and linking it to that. I am just making sure I use the same blogs.mu theme and header from my main site. So, just in case someone else may have the same issue, that's what I did. It may be a little much but it works!

Again, I really appreciate the help and support I have been getting. Thank you for your time!

km2830

• Fretless

Umm, i've just seen that this topic is marked as "resolved", but I just wanted to add a follow up for those readers who might stumble across this in future.

There is a plugin called WP Hide Post (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-hide-post/) which could do that job for you quite easily. It's a little old, having not been updated for about 2 years, but still works fine on WordPress 3.5 - including MultiSite installs. You should be able to enable this for your main site or for all sites on your network (if necessary). Cameron.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.