Blue "DONE" Button not working

Hello,

I am close to having my site ready to go live, though no for some reason the blue "DONE" button which you click after finishing a unit send you to "Sorry this page can't be found" page in stead of back to the course unit list and then showing the percentage completion. Though if I go in a second time, it does direct correctly?

Help! I'm so close, though so far...

• Milan

Hello @amandaobrien,

Hope you are doing well and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I can see that after completing one unit user is redirected to another page which meant to be displayed for successful message but unfortunately it is displaying page not found due to one slash is missing in url.

However on my end I am not getting any such error so at this point it seems to me that I'll need ft and wp admin credentials to your site so that I can compare some of the core files of plugin with yours. that said, would you be able to send me your ftp and wp admin credentials ?

If yes then please go to our secure contact form here,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Milan Savaliya"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello @amandaobrien,

Hope you are well today and I have some good news for you. :slight_smile:

I've just fixed your issue by fixing one statement of coursepress/includes/classes/class.course.unit.module.php core file of plugin. I've also tried to brought our developer's attention for this little fix. Hopefully they will resolve this soon. :slight_smile:

In that file this line,

wp_redirect( get_permalink( $course_id ) . trailingslashit( $coursepress->get_units_slug() ) . '?saved=ok' );

needs to be like this one

wp_redirect( trailingslashit( get_permalink( $course_id ) ) . trailingslashit( $coursepress->get_units_slug() ) . '?saved=ok' );

Can you confirm now that your issue has been resolved. ?

Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello Amanda,

I hope you are having a good day.

I should have explained you in my last post what change you need to take in order to fix this issue every time plugin updates( right now we are rewriting our coursepress pro plugin so most likely this issue will go permanently but till that time follow these steps every time you update plugin. )

#1) Open coursepress/includes/classes/class.course.unit.module.php file and find this line,

if ( $_POST['event_origin'] == 'button' ) {

just below that line you will see another line like this,

wp_redirect( get_permalink( $course_id ) . trailingslashit( $coursepress->get_units_slug() ) . '?saved=ok' );

#3) You need to replace that line with this one,

wp_redirect( trailingslashit( get_permalink( $course_id ) ) . trailingslashit( $coursepress->get_units_slug() ) . '?saved=ok' );

And finally save changes. Please note that I've made these change on your site this time, this is for future reference. :slight_smile:

Ping me back if you still see issue in action on your end.
    Best Regards,
    Milan