Booking appointments doesn't alert to pre-existing appointments

I’m not joining the dots correctly using Appointments+ when I’m in the back end and it’s frustrating me

I. How can the administrator (me) or the virtual secretaries look at everyone’s calendar to make an appointment, reschedule etc. without checking each individual calendar? – surely there must be access to a Global calendar to be able to look at everyone’s availability, appointments already made etc.?

II. As a provider – how can I access and manage my calendar

Today, as the administrator, I made two appointments with the provider, for the same day and time – Appointmets + allowed this… which it should not have allowed. (From the front end the time was blocked out)

If I was able to look at a Global calendar, I would have known there was an appointment at that specific time. A global calendar (I.e. like Google calendars) will make life easier for all parties using Appointments+ …

• Ash

Hello @Greg Redmond

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

surely there must be access to a Global calendar to be able to look at everyone’s availability, appointments already made etc.?

There is a global calendar for booking. Please go to Appointments > Settings > General > And check the box for Create an appointment page for current month schedule and it will create a page "Make an appointment" that will include a global calendar.

As a provider – how can I access and manage my calendar

If you go to Appointments > Settings > General you will see several options to allow the service provider to do, like "Allow service provider set working hours", "Allow service provider confirm own appointments" etc. If you want your service providers to use their own google calendars, you can allow so from google calendar tab.

Today, as the administrator, I made two appointments with the provider, for the same day and time – Appointmets + allowed this… which it should not have allowed. (From the front end the time was blocked out)

Yes, if you book from admin end as admin, you can book in any time you want. It will override and ignore all the settings, so multiple booking in same slot is possible when you book from front end. In that case, you can try to book from front end and it won't let you book if the slot is not available.

If I was able to look at a Global calendar, I would have known there was an appointment at that specific time. A global calendar (I.e. like Google calendars) will make life easier for all parties using Appointments+ …

You can use google calendar integration. Please go to Appointments > Settings > Google Calendar where you can configure the integration.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Greg Redmond

There is a global calendar for booking. Please go to Appointments > Settings > General > And check the box for Create an appointment page for current month schedule and it will create a page "Make an appointment" that will include a global calendar.

I'm talking about the backend - as an administrator when I take phone bookings, I want to be able to see a global calendar so I don't double book.

Yes, if you book from admin end as admin, you can book in any time you want. It will override and ignore all the settings, so multiple booking in same slot is possible when you book from front end. In that case, you can try to book from front end and it won't let you book if the slot is not available.

i don't want to double book - I want to be able to see open spaces and book into free spots! (Not book blindly over already booked spots)

You can use google calendar integration. Please go to Appointments > Settings > Google Calendar where you can configure the integration.

Is there a guide to setting up Google Calendar of is it straight forward?

• Ash

Hello @Greg Redmond

In that case, you have to book from front end. When you are logged in as admin, you are still able to book from someone else, just give the name, email, phone of the user you are booking for.

Is there a guide to setting up Google Calendar of is it straight forward?

In google calendar settings page, click on "Show me how" and you will see the instruction.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Greg Redmond

How can I view an administrator view of all calendars which takes into consideration availability based on start time, end time, lunch breaks and pre-existing bookings?

I am employing a virtual assistant to take calls and make appointments. The virtual assistant needs to be able to:
    - view a calendar with all staff availability at any given time on any given day (in a calendar view so it is easy intuitive and requires minimal training)
    - make a booking into a selected providers calendar
    - edit any existing bookings to change times and dates in case the customer changes his/her mind.
    - be able to re-schedule using a calendar that is clear and shows availability in a visual, easy to read way

Similar to the desired front end functionality but in a backend, password protected area.

NOTE: The virtual assistant could likely be a different person every day (it's a staffing solution) therefore, it must be easy and straight forward to pass on to other staff each time someone new starts...

This has now become the most critical element - while all the other issues are really painful and annoying, we can live with the workarounds but without a booking calendar for admin staff, we wont be able to use this tool.

I need basic, easy to follow instructions

• Ash

Hello @Greg Redmond

Similar to the desired front end functionality but in a backend, password protected area.

There is no "booking calendar" in back end. Your virtual assistants are still able to book from front end, that should not be any issue. But there is no calendar in backend.

The only way is to create manual appointment in backend is from Dashboard > Appointments, please check screenshot.

Cheers
    Ash

• Greg Redmond

Hi Ash,

You have been dealing with my webmaster with all previous questions under my name. The frustration level this end is high and as of today I may have apply to cancell my subscription if you cannot offer a proper practical solution to resolve my issue.

If there is no solution, please tell me as I shall move on - it's that simple.

Your last reply (make appointment bookings from the front end) is from an operational perspective cumbersome, time consuming, costly and prone to human error.

Yes, you may be able to make new appointments from the front end. However, does that mean going through every listed provider to check their availability for days and appointment times?... what an effort :slight_frown: ... And when you have virtual secretaries changing big $$$ per 30 sec block... man... who wins here!

What about rescheduling appointments? How about rebooking their clients by the providers? How about cancellations?.... are you suggesting all through the front end?

Ash my friend, Appointments + from the front end has to one of the best appointment software applications on the market - very slick and sexy.

Your backend for manual adding of new appointments seems to me to be really geared to single operators NOT multi-users whose appointment availability is not consistent I.e. hair salon.

Anyhow, I shall let you ponder the predicament we're facing and if you're able to raise to the challenge and offer a proper, logical and practical solution to MY problem, I shall wait here in Melbourne Australia to receive a response from you, (ASAP.)

Greg

• Ash

Hello @Greg Redmond

I hope you are well today.

I totally understand your frustration and I am really sorry for that.

From the admin end, we do have some limitations, I second that. As an admin you can book in any slot, doesn't matter if the slots are available or not as it gives you that flexibility.

What about rescheduling appointments? How about rebooking their clients by the providers? How about cancellations?

From client perspective, an user can cancel from front end if you allow from Appointments > Settings > General. When he books an appointment, he gets a cancellation link in his email. He can cancel from there. Also, you can use shortcode ([app_my_appointments]) to show all booked appointments for a client and he can cancel from there.

There is no rescheduling or rebooking option for a client, he needs to cancel and book again.

From provider perspective, admin or the provider (if allowed) can cancel an appointment any time from the backend. To reschedule, you can edit the appointment from the backend and change the time, but yes you need to know the available time.

However, does that mean going through every listed provider to check their availability for days and appointment times?

If as admin or provider, you want to book from front end (that I referred), you need to use global calendar, the default calendar page created if you check the box for "Create an Appointment Page" with "Current month schedule". This page will give you a calendar for all service and providers. I have demonstrated a screencast for you, where for example I want to book for Spa and where the provider is ABCD. Please check, first I will select spa and then I will select the provider and I will get the available slots for the service-provider pair.

Here is the screencast: http://take.ms/RKJZ7

I am not saying that it should be the correct procedure, but it's the best possible alternative of your problem.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.